Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

can i get my truck inspected if i do this?

Old 03-31-2009, 07:08 AM   #1
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
can i get my truck inspected if i do this?

i live in NC and i was wondering if i trimmed my exhaust pipe to the axel would it still pass inspection??
Old 03-31-2009, 07:42 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
let me find my books but you can look online for the nc dmv state insp. Im lic as a nc state inspector.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:44 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
I believe it has to run past the axle and/or exit the side/rear of the vehicle.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:48 AM   #4
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
from what i just read no it would not fail your truck just make sure you dont pinch the end of it. But i would check with the place you are having it inspected to see what the individuel inspector would say.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:53 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
In most cases, the exhaust has to exit past the body of the vehicle - and that's because of the exhaust gases/fumes.

If you cut it short, you take the chance of the gases/fumes leaking into the cab.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:54 AM   #6
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
ok thanks for the help!!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
is it illeagal in sc?????
cuz i already did it
Old 03-31-2009, 10:46 AM   #8
South Carolina Member
tjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant future

Name: TJ
tjgraner09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
is it illeagal in sc?????
cuz i already did it

we dont have to pass inspections we dont even need to have an exhaust pipe or a cat lol
Old 03-31-2009, 10:50 AM   #9
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjgraner09 View Post
we dont have to pass inspections we dont even need to have an exhaust pipe or a cat lol
wow thats crazy
Old 03-31-2009, 10:52 AM   #10
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Cutting it off at the rear axel seems like it would create alot of extra head around the rear end thats not necessary therefore causing additional wear on the diff. fluids. I had this problem on a heavy duty truck before where the tail pipe rusted out and ended up costing more than just a new tail pipe.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:07 AM   #11
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm156 View Post
Cutting it off at the rear axel seems like it would create alot of extra head around the rear end thats not necessary therefore causing additional wear on the diff. fluids. I had this problem on a heavy duty truck before where the tail pipe rusted out and ended up costing more than just a new tail pipe.
Not sure i understand what you are trying to say. "extra head" and wearing the diff fluids??
Old 03-31-2009, 11:10 AM   #12
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
opps sorry heat! extra head around the rear diff.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:44 PM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjgraner09 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
wow thats crazy
and neither of yall are even old enough to remember when we DID have inspections either

i've had mine cut off in front of my rear axle for a bit over a year now...with no issues whatsoever
Old 03-31-2009, 08:12 PM   #15

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
i think im gonna do it....i thought about cutting it after the muffler about a foot or so and 90 it down...
Old 03-31-2009, 08:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
and neither of yall are even old enough to remember when we DID have inspections either

i've had mine cut off in front of my rear axle for a bit over a year now...with no issues whatsoever
i just cut mine off a little over a month ago
u gave me the idea
so far its been worth it
Old 04-01-2009, 03:17 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole47 View Post
i think im gonna do it....i thought about cutting it after the muffler about a foot or so and 90 it down...
that 90 turn down will help with fumes and heat under the truck