1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exhaust 2002 extra cab Tacoma

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by History, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Mar 27, 2014 at 5:48 AM
    History

History [OP] Active Member

Member:
    4 cyl ,,Muffler is rusted out ,it looks like it's the original . I think I just need to replace it from the converter back. There is some type of sensor in this also. I'm not crazy about LOUD .

My question is,, is there a place where I can order this and save some money or do I need to get it from Toyota? Aftermarket for this ?

We have a local muffler shop but the guy is so damn arrogant it's hard for me to deal with him.

Thanks for any help.

2. Mar 27, 2014 at 6:14 AM
    WThomas1250

WThomas1250 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Try RockAuto before you buy from Toyota

3. Apr 10, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    History

History [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Ok I received the muffler and started putting it on. It was a bitch to get the sensor out of the pipe. The nuts has corroded away leaving some type of metal still in,place. I was able to basically twist it off with pliers.

Should I replace this sensor? What is it? A wire disappears into the bottom of the cab from it with no connection that I could see, it must have a connection under the carpet or travels all the way to the computer.

They didn't send a gasket for the sensor, I picked up,some gasket material at car quest but the original has metal and what I got did not.

Should I go to Toyota and buy this gasket?

Should I use special bolts to connect the pipe as they didn't have those either?

Thanks for any help.

Products Discussed in

To Top