1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Questions Of Leaf Spring Options for DBL Cab

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by NAVY_TRIPP, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Mar 28, 2014 at 11:24 AM
    NAVY_TRIPP

NAVY_TRIPP [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '01 Tacoma DC
    6" Fabtech, Sway-A-Way 2.0's, 4.88's, Deck Plate, headers, 1'' shackles, AP extended lines, Warn M8000, ARE Tonneau
    So, I need to swap out the leaf springs on my '01 Double Cab. I have a 6'' lift on the truck with adjustable coilovers in the front. I have the crappy block + add-a-leaf + 1'' shackles in the rear. Axle wrap and lean sucks on it. So I am looking into new spring packs and need some help!

I almost bought Trail Gears rear 5'' lift, but after reading that they can't really take any weight, I am second guessing them. I dont haul all the time, but do tow a boat a few times a year and load the bed down with some weight a couple times a month. I have talked to Alcan, so thats the only other option I have really looked into.

Does anyone have any input on other springs or experiences with Trail Gear's springs? I know at this point Alcan is the best option and they have a great product, but would appreciate other's opinions also!

Thanks!

2. Mar 28, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    Andy.G

Andy.G Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma sx 4x4 2.7 5 speed
    Started automatic. Swapped to manual
    Should post this in suspension thread. Quicker replys for sure. Good luck.

3. Mar 28, 2014 at 2:59 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    Allpro makes 5'' springs. Plus the Expos pretty much give about 5'' especially if you keep the shackles

4. Mar 29, 2014 at 8:01 AM
    NAVY_TRIPP

NAVY_TRIPP [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '01 Tacoma DC
    6" Fabtech, Sway-A-Way 2.0's, 4.88's, Deck Plate, headers, 1'' shackles, AP extended lines, Warn M8000, ARE Tonneau
    Dang, I was really excited because I completely spaced out looking at Allpro, even though I just ordered a bunch of stuff from them. Unfortunately the only springs they have for Tacoma's are 3'' standard and HD. The 4,5 and 6'' springs are for <90 pickups and if I am going to be relocating spring hangers, I think I would rather do Trail Gear's kit. Thank you for the suggestion though! The 3'' HD (which they say gives 4'' unloaded) plus the 1'' shackle should give me 5'', which I would believe would give me a level stance considering lifts are usually 1'' shorter in the rear to eliminate the vehicles rake. Thanks again!

Products Discussed in

To Top