1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

which winch bumper? opinions?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by oregontaco99, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Apr 2, 2014 at 11:04 PM
    oregontaco99

oregontaco99 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cash
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    99 taco
    3 inch suspension lift,33x10x15 km2,offset rims,flowmaster(2chamber),spectre cold air intake, headache rack, box,brush guard with kc's,chipped,billstein shocks
    Im going to get a winch bumper for my truck but ive been looking and theres so many options. they arent exactly cheap so i would obviously like the best quality for the least $$$. i do alot of driving in heavy brush so i think a plate bumper would be a must. i like addicted offroads plate bumper but i would like to hear your guys opinions. what would you reccomend?

2. Apr 2, 2014 at 11:18 PM
    CHPTR11

CHPTR11 Team Impulse Red

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2004 TRD Tacoma
    OME, Hankook, ARB, SCS
    Check this thread out:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1s...en-offroad-bumper-options-gallery-w-pics.html

I have an ARB and it serves its purpose. I bought it because I liked the way it looked, there was no build time, its air bag compliant (insurance reasons), its been proven off-road and I knew it would bolt right on with out any modifications.

Many people here don't like the ARB b/c its widely manufactured and lots and lots of people have them, personally I don't give two shits, I like it. My advice, pick the one you like the best and buy it.

Also…quality and cheap don't usually go in the same sentence.

3. Apr 3, 2014 at 7:55 AM
    GATORTACO92

GATORTACO92 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Hoover, Al
    Vehicle:
    2004 F-350 6.0 King Ranch
    2004 F-350...uh lots of motor work to go fast...er. Way to much to list. 2001: 3" leveling kit, ARB bumper, lightforce 240 blitz, 35" KM2s. SOLD 2008: OME 886s 90000 with dakars, LR UCAs, 5% tint, Satashi. SOLD 2015: Flooded and Gone
    2x on arb. I have leved out plenty of pine, oak and other stuff. Not a single complaint. I have one on both mine and I honestly wouldn't buy a different bumper. Buy for your needs and plowing through brush sounds like arb to me. I have beaten up my arb bumper on my 2001 and it hasn't even moved a centimeter out of line. It is stout mad looks damn good. But your truck so your choice.

Products Discussed in

To Top