Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed-liner fender flares?

View Poll Results: Should I bed-liner my fender flares?
YES 71 70.30%
NO 23 22.77%
Other? 7 6.93%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
BTHOB
archerytarget will become famous soon enough

archerytarget's Tacoma Gallery
Bed-liner fender flares?

My fender flares are really faded because my truck is outside all the time in the sun. I'm trying to save money for a lift, so I don't really want to get new fender flares, so instead I was thinking I could possibly spray them with some bed liner in a can. any opinions/suggestions?
Old 04-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
try back to black
Old 04-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-06108-...8622294&sr=1-1
Old 04-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
BTHOB

ive been putting that stuff on for a couple years but it keeps fading again..
Old 04-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #5
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
touche then my input is officially worthless
Old 04-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #6
BTHOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
touche then my input is officially worthless
thanks for the $.02 though
Old 04-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #8
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Here's 2 more cents.........Mine were like that from the previous owner obviously parking outside. The tops of the window seals on the doors were like that too. Of course the dealer had sprayed their armorall whatever nonsense on everything to make it look better but that shit is useless. I use durashine to polish my vehicles. It is not wax so you can use it on everything. First time I used it it made a big difference in the fading. My car's black shit still looks new & shiny- it's an 03. Anyway this stuff goes on wet or dry then spray it off with hose. No spots, kinda like rainx for the whole vehicle. Works great, get it from asseenontv places.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #9
BTHOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Here's 2 more cents.........Mine were like that from the previous owner obviously parking outside. The tops of the window seals on the doors were like that too. Of course the dealer had sprayed their armorall whatever nonsense on everything to make it look better but that shit is useless. I use durashine to polish my vehicles. It is not wax so you can use it on everything. First time I used it it made a big difference in the fading. My car's black shit still looks new & shiny- it's an 03. Anyway this stuff goes on wet or dry then spray it off with hose. No spots, kinda like rainx for the whole vehicle. Works great, get it from asseenontv places.
how long does that stuff last?
Old 04-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #10
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
park it where its more shady!
Old 04-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by archerytarget View Post
how long does that stuff last?
I do it once a year. Still usually beading/shedding water even then. Truck may take a coupla times to get rid of the faded effect on the fender flares. It already cleaned up the window seals all nicelike tho.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #12
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
id go for it....
Old 04-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #14
Sprayin' Paint like Its my Job
Choco Taco is on a distinguished road

Choco Taco's Tacoma Gallery
rattlecan bedliner fades too....just my $.02
Old 04-02-2009, 01:54 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
bedliner the flares, and spray them down with aerospace 303 once in a while........it'll keep them from fading.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #16
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
the bedlined fender flares look awesome. Ive seen it on a bunch of tacomas, and it looks good! You can even clearcoat over them once there dried, to keep it shining
Old 04-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #17
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
where is the best place to pick some bedliner up?
Old 04-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #18
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Do it!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #19
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
where is the best place to pick some bedliner up?
pepboys is where i got mine. $30 for a quart of herculiner.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #20
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
this stuff? http://www.amazon.com/Herculiner-HCL...8718427&sr=1-4

Products Discussed in this Thread