1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift Kit/Tire Suggestions?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Ash1993, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Apr 6, 2014 at 10:58 PM
    Ash1993

Ash1993 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ashley
    29 Palms
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma
    I'm looking for some suggestions on what size of a lift kit to buy for my 2002 Tacoma. Right now everything is stock with snow tires that were on it when i bought it. They are 265/85/16 if i remember correctly. Bare with me on the information on it someone is taking care of it for me while I'm away at the moment. Anyhow, I have been told to be careful how big I go with tires and the lift so I don't loose too much power. I know I will regardless, but I was looking at either a 4inch lift or 6 inch with 35's. Not sure on the brand either, I have seen Fabtech, Rough Country and Pro Comp as popular brands for the lift. Also Mickey Thompson or BFG for tires. I'm open to all ideas and/or suggestions, this is just going to be a learning project for me and a friend so feel free to dumb anything down for me, no offense taken. Thanks!

2. Apr 7, 2014 at 5:39 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    4" is Pro Comp and 6" is Fab Tech but drop bracket kits with rear blocks. Personally I would do a 3" lift suspension from OME with Dakars or ToyTec/Eibach with 5100's and rear Dakars/Expos. Stuff in some 285/75/16's or about 33" tires with some cutting and trimming and call it good. If you are 4wd you will have to cut out the stock crossmember to install a drop bracket kit basically almost unreversable install. Taller is not always better. Larger tires cost more, add more strain, you lose MPG, lose power and have to regear.

Products Discussed in

To Top