1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

how to get my truck rust inspected

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by fireturk41, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Apr 1, 2009 at 5:46 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 [OP] I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    how can i get mine checked my dealer is retarded, they told me today, and this was the manager "we only replace it if it has a hole in the frame and only where there are cross beams in the center, the frames do not rust from the inside. they refuse to do the hammer test saying that such a thing is obsurd. they say that the visible rust on my frame is not eligable for the recall and that toyota will not provide an undercoating if my truck passes"

how can i get someone that knows something to check out my truck. and how can i get to his boss to file a complaint with the whole service dept

also the whole time he kept trying to pressure me to trade mine in and buy a second gen. OBSURD I SAY!

2. Apr 1, 2009 at 8:10 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Have you tried another dealer?

3. Apr 1, 2009 at 8:12 PM
    fireturk41

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    gah next closest one is over an hour away, id hafta take off work

4. Apr 1, 2009 at 8:24 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Well, if you current dealer is a moron then I suggest taking a day off to head to another dealer, but be sure to call them ahead of time and explain to them your situation before heading out.

5. Apr 1, 2009 at 8:49 PM
    SUPMO72

SUPMO72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cleveland Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM Reg 4x4 5spd
    OEM Fog Lights, Tailgate Lock, Color matched OEM Grill, GT seat covers, Undercover bed cover, OEM back up camera
    The dealer is correct about needing to have a hole in the frame for replacement. Why they wont do a hammer test sounds strange to me. Out of 20+ tacomas I have looked at only 2 so far needed frames. Both are 2001..

6. Apr 2, 2009 at 7:11 PM
    fireturk41

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    they said the only thing theyve ever done with a hammer test is drive shafts on tundras

they refused to look at my truck when i tried to get the service manager to look and he said it had to be a hole in the welds where it is in the middle of the truck. also he said they are all rusting from the outside in so i have nothing to worry about

but if it passed arent they supposed to give an under coating?

7. Apr 2, 2009 at 7:19 PM
    SUPMO72

SUPMO72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cleveland Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM Reg 4x4 5spd
    OEM Fog Lights, Tailgate Lock, Color matched OEM Grill, GT seat covers, Undercover bed cover, OEM back up camera
    Well up here in the heart of the rust belt, if i cant put a hole in the frame with a hammer I send you on your way and say see me in a year. Up here in Ohio putting under coating over rust is a waist of time. Maybe you should take the time and go to another dealer. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top