Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

how to get my truck rust inspected

Old 04-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
how to get my truck rust inspected

how can i get mine checked my dealer is retarded, they told me today, and this was the manager "we only replace it if it has a hole in the frame and only where there are cross beams in the center, the frames do not rust from the inside. they refuse to do the hammer test saying that such a thing is obsurd. they say that the visible rust on my frame is not eligable for the recall and that toyota will not provide an undercoating if my truck passes"

how can i get someone that knows something to check out my truck. and how can i get to his boss to file a complaint with the whole service dept

also the whole time he kept trying to pressure me to trade mine in and buy a second gen. OBSURD I SAY!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried another dealer?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Have you tried another dealer?
gah next closest one is over an hour away, id hafta take off work
Old 04-01-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Well, if you current dealer is a moron then I suggest taking a day off to head to another dealer, but be sure to call them ahead of time and explain to them your situation before heading out.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #5
SUPMO72 is on a distinguished road

SUPMO72's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer is correct about needing to have a hole in the frame for replacement. Why they wont do a hammer test sounds strange to me. Out of 20+ tacomas I have looked at only 2 so far needed frames. Both are 2001..
Old 04-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #6
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPMO72 View Post
The dealer is correct about needing to have a hole in the frame for replacement. Why they wont do a hammer test sounds strange to me. Out of 20+ tacomas I have looked at only 2 so far needed frames. Both are 2001..
they said the only thing theyve ever done with a hammer test is drive shafts on tundras

they refused to look at my truck when i tried to get the service manager to look and he said it had to be a hole in the welds where it is in the middle of the truck. also he said they are all rusting from the outside in so i have nothing to worry about

but if it passed arent they supposed to give an under coating?
Old 04-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
SUPMO72 is on a distinguished road

SUPMO72's Tacoma Gallery
Well up here in the heart of the rust belt, if i cant put a hole in the frame with a hammer I send you on your way and say see me in a year. Up here in Ohio putting under coating over rust is a waist of time. Maybe you should take the time and go to another dealer.