LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

All-pro Off-road 3" lift leaf pack **Feedback Needed**

Old 04-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #1
HIJAK is on a distinguished road
HIJAK's Tacoma Gallery
All-pro Off-road 3" lift leaf pack **Feedback Needed**

I'm in the market for new rear suspension. I like the All-pro Leaf pack and the Dakars 2 3/4".

My question is who has used the all pros and did you like them? Or please give recommendations. Thank you!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:20 AM   #2
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the all pro expo leaf pack about 2 months ago. So far I love it. Its still not broken in completely yet tho. I went from the stock leafs to this tho. So with that being said im obviously going to be biased and say its better. But I would buy them again.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #3
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I've only read good things performance-wise about both of them, although I've read that the Dakars have an annoying squeek to them.

I personally have the AP expos and they are awesome!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:58 PM   #4
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
I've been running the 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit for years now and I love it. It's super flexy. I didn't get the expos because I don't really put anything in the bed, so I just have the regular ones.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #5
voodootruckers is a glorious beacon of lightvoodootruckers is a glorious beacon of lightvoodootruckers is a glorious beacon of lightvoodootruckers is a glorious beacon of lightvoodootruckers is a glorious beacon of lightvoodootruckers is a glorious beacon of light

voodootruckers's Tacoma Gallery
Heard lots of good reviews of the Dakars, I installed the expos last November and they are great, All-pro provided fast shipping, great customer service, and the kit had every piece they promised. Highly recommend.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #6
presto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: chris
presto's Tacoma Gallery
well since all the other reviews are AP here is mine about the dakars. I have the dakars and i love em so far. They seem like they can hold a lot of weight and they have a lot of travel. The only downside (not dakars fault) is that the "ultimate lift kit" i got from toytec gave me billy 5100's for the rear shocks which are just to short. So when you are getting your leafs make sure you get a longer shock like 10" 5125 billys..

You are definitely on the right track with the leaf brands you posted though and i think you would be happy with either choice.

one thing that prevented me from getting the AP's was that my buddy who has a 2005 tacoma (2nd gen i know) and his AP's are pretty rusty already. He said something about the dakars won't rust because they are teflon coated or something. might be BS but hey thats what he told me.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #7
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
^ could be true about the AP leafs, but mine haven't rusted, so probably false info

and same thing about my set up. My OME shocks have less travel than my AP expos so they are limiting the full potential of the springs
Old 04-16-2014, 07:36 PM   #9
bum.......
00yotasr5 is on a distinguished road

Name: lee
00yotasr5's Tacoma Gallery
I have been running the AP expo leafs for 4-5 years (still provide the same lift as new)and the are wayyy better than stock. ride is ok but not cady smooth. they do squeak but that was my fault, you gotta spray them clean if you go through water, mud ect. Also 10'' shocks are a must. in re guards to rust mines hasn't rust at all.