Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear shock bar??

Old 04-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
00tacond is on a distinguished road
00tacond's Tacoma Gallery
Rear shock bar??

Is it possible to mount a shock bar under the bed to mount longer shocks and gain more travel?? I have Deaver leaf springs (8 pack) and think the shocks limit my travel. Would I gain more if I mounted a shock bar up against the bed underneath without cutting the bed up? Or would it even do anything. Does anyone know? I thought I had seen this done somewhere online but can't find it again. Thanks
Old 04-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Do some research on Toyota shock mounts.

It's been done plenty of times on older trucks.
People normally mount them in a / \ type position. The more angle you have in them, the less effective they are in dampening the suspension. So if you drive the truck on-road, keep that in mind.

Getting more down travel in the suspension will ultimately mean other things will need changed to accomodate that travel...brake lines and even a longer slip yoke in the driveshaft (or it'll pull out).