1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Charged 03 Double Cab - Questions

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by headbasha, May 4, 2014.

1. May 4, 2014 at 9:42 AM
    headbasha

headbasha [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    SuperCharger
    Hello,
    Ive had my Tacoma for about a year now and im ready to do some more performance additions. I have upgraded audio to a Sony Double Din Nav, Upgraded Door speakers, Added 2 jbl 8's and amp, Added Rockstar II Rims and BFG's, debadged and painted Flat Black. When i got the truck it was running like crap. I had to do a top engine clean, new plugs, wires, boots, and change out the supercharger oil. Runs great. I do feel like my transmission is going to fall out of my truck though with the extra TRD power. It shifts so hard from 1st to 2nd at full throttle @ 42~ MPH. It also shifts hard around 30mph at 3k RPM. Other times it shifts smooth. Not sure why? Could the previous owner have added a shifting kit? Is this the weak point of the truck right now if i do add more power?

I have TRD 7th injector kit, Im thinking of getting a URD 2.1" Pulley and the upgraded URD fuel pump and controller. Im wondering if i should upgrade the factory injectors?

What are your thoughts on how i should move forward with a performance upgrade?

Before and Afters. Total investment of $23k - Great Business Tax Deduction :D

IMG_5037.jpg
    IMG_5396.jpg

2. May 4, 2014 at 2:03 PM
    dennisc

dennisc Well-Known Member

Member:
    a few
    If you have the 7th injector kit you don’t need to change out your injectors.

3. May 4, 2014 at 2:39 PM
    kigmob

kigmob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    New Orleans
    Vehicle:
    97 TRD S/C 4x4 V6 5spd
    ICON/TC TRD Supercharger URD 2.2 and 7th
    I don't know much about auto trannys but if you do some searching, they definitely need upgraded when you add a S/C. So that is definitely your weak point. Look into an IPT valve body upgrade. As mentioned above, with the 7th injector you should be fine with stock injectors.

4. May 9, 2014 at 3:13 PM
    headbasha

headbasha [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    SuperCharger
    Thanks, anyone have any of the URD addons? How do they hold up? How easy is it going to be to program the URD system?

Products Discussed in

To Top