1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Horn will not stop.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Speshuled619, May 5, 2014.

1. May 5, 2014 at 6:33 PM
    Speshuled619

Speshuled619 [OP] Member

Member:
    Sandy Eggo, Ca.
    So my horn has decided to continuously honk. Ive temporarily pulled the fuse before I embarrass myself even more.

I first noticed the horn would honk on its own when driving over lane dividers or bumps in the road. When this would happen I also noticed by pulling back on the air bag from the edges in certain spots the horn will stop.

Today I finally got the chance to check it out. I removed the the airbag. Mind you that my truck does not have cruise control or any other controls on the steering wheel. I checked all the connections and everything looks to be ok. With the steering off I reinstalled the fuse and reconnected the battery. With the black horn wire now disconnected from the airbag I touched the center steering wheel nut to just see if the horn will work and eliminate any ideas of wiring issues. The horn works. So reconnect the black horn wire to the airbag and try to slowly reinstall the airbag. As I try to slowly place the airbag back into place the horn starts to honk and will not stop. I try to see if there is anything touching the back of the airbag causing the issues. It was pretty tough to spot anything so I immediately disconnect the horn wire and reinstall the airbag and stop from there. I am now to turning to you guys.

any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Products Discussed in

To Top