1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Will Toyo A/T LT285/70R17 Tires Rub?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by austincomstock, May 8, 2014.

1. May 8, 2014 at 7:48 PM
    austincomstock

austincomstock [OP] Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    99 trd sr5
    aero turbine muffler, deck plate mod, white gauge cluster lights with red needles, spyder hd headlights
    Hello,

I have the Bilstein 5100's with stock springs for the front, I plan on going to the 4th setting and using the stock spring to achieve 2.5in of lift. I want to do the 1.5in Icon Add-a-leaf in the rear with 5100 rear shocks. I was wondering if my Toyo A/T LT285/70R17 Tires Rub?

Thanks,

-Austin

2. May 8, 2014 at 8:38 PM
    ROAD DAWG

ROAD DAWG Well-Known Member

Member:
    birmingham,al
    Vehicle:
    10 trd prerunner
    debadged,procomp 7105 wheels,,kc slimlites,n-fab light bar,predator step bars,baja roof rack and light cage,hella 500 black magic,5100's(f/r) @.85,tsb rear,nitto terra grapplers(265-65-17)
    that's a lot of extra weight,expect to take a hit on mpg,shorter brake pad life,possibly longer stopping distances,are you 2.7 or 4.0,manual or auto?gen-1 or gen-2? what are your wheel specs(width,backspace,offset)is this your daily driver or weekend fun truck?are you willing to modify the sheetmetal,cab-mount and plastic to gain full articulation,i've seen 285's that rub the uca's with a noticable wear pattern on the inside sidewall...will any of this cause alignment problems,do you have "VSC"?

Products Discussed in

To Top