1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Shocks/struts recommendations

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Columbeans, May 18, 2014.

1. May 18, 2014 at 10:11 AM
    Columbeans

Columbeans [OP] New Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '99 prerunner SR5
    Hey guys! I'm looking to put new shocks/struts on my lifted (3 body, 3 suspension lift). I have a '99 tacoma prerunner SR5 TRD package 2wd. I still have oem bilstein struts in the front and pro com shocks in the back. I really like the bilsteins but as you know they are expensive. I have 33 BFG mud terrain tires so it rides loud. I'm looking to see what you guys recommend for a good ride. Lmk, I haven't had to shop for them in awhile. Thanks!

image.jpg

2. May 18, 2014 at 10:17 AM
    LukeBo4x4

LukeBo4x4 The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.

Member:
    First Name:
    luke
    Big Island,Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD ext cab
    OME 882s, wheelers 5 leaf pack w/aal, ARB front bumper, 305/70/16 nitto mud grapplers,pro comp 7069s, Grey wire mod.
    I just installed some OME 882s with the wheelers 5 pack with there aal. Gave me just about three in the front and 2.5 in the back and I run 285 75 16 nitto trail graps. Looks really good and rides very nice. Bought everything from wheelers, great company to deal with.

3. May 18, 2014 at 10:18 AM
    KdF

KdF Old Rednek Type

Member:
    East-ByGod-TEXAS!
    Vehicle:
    2000 Prerunner SR5 TRD 2WD
    Don't know about 3 inches tho........

4. May 22, 2014 at 9:14 AM
    TimPall13

TimPall13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Gresham Oregon
    Vehicle:
    3link SAS 02 SR5 Limited V6
    Lift: TrailGear 3link SAS with Fox 2.0 Coil overs in front. Custom Alcan Leafs with relocated Fox 2.0 shocks in rear. Sitting at 6in of lift. Armor: Relentless Fab Front bumper with home made hoops and Warn VR Evo 10s winch. Relentless Fab Rear bumper with swingout gate. Gears/Grip: 4.88 gears with ARB Air lockers front and rear. 35x12.5 Mickey Thimpson Baja Boss MTs on 17in Trail Ready Beadlock wheels. Lighting: 6000k 55w HID head lights in Retrofit Prejectors, KC Slim Light LEDs behind a Grillcraft grill and on CBI windshield mounts, And LED rock Lights. Performance: 6" deckplate mod, URD Crank Pulley, K&N air filter, ISR mod, and a AirRaid throttle body spacer, magnaflow muffler. Audio: Alpine speakers and sub running on a Alpine 5ch amp. All ran with Stinger wire kit, and a Pioneer AVH4100NEX DVD receiver. Extras: 15% Window Tint, Spray in bed liner, LineX coated factoey fender flares, Custom Roof rack/Track system, SoftTopper Canopy, Viair Dual 444c Onboard air with dual 2.5Gal tanks.
    I got the bilstein 5100s and they ride really good. They arent too expensive. Toyteclifts.com is where i got mine. OME is good too from what ive heard but dont know how much they run.

Products Discussed in

To Top