1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First Tacoma

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by yotastaco, May 25, 2014.

1. May 25, 2014 at 11:35 AM
    yotastaco

yotastaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM TRD OR
    See Build
    Looking for the best way to buy my first tacoma

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  2. May 25, 2014 at 6:20 PM
    ghs57

ghs57 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chops
    Catskill Mts. NY
    Vehicle:
    '07 Black TRD OR xtracab 4.0L 4WD
    Pretty much stock right now
    My ARE shell/cap is not what I would consider secure, even though it locks. Pretty easy to get into without the key.

When looking at a vehicle, if you are not mechanically inclined, bring someone who is. Drive it, ask questions because people (and dealers) will not volunteer all the information you should have before buying. Check the service records, if available. Allow some extra money for surprises after you buy.

Don't get me wrong, I love my tacoma(s). I've had a '97 TRD, '00, (both lost to the frame rust buyback), and currently own an '01 and '03, all 4wd, 4cyl auto extra-cabs. But reality is an eyeopener. I should have spent a little more and bought from someone who cared about there truck, rather then going cheap and then dropping $$$ into necessary repairs on things I did not see when I checked out the truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top