1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

merging 2 Tacomas

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Bino9905, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Jun 1, 2014 at 10:05 PM
    Bino9905

Bino9905 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    99 ExtCab 4X4 V-6 TRD
    Ok so as of today I am the proud owner of 2 tacomas!! They are both salsa red and both 1999s my 1st one is a TRD with power locks/windows
    the second is NOT a TRD and has manual locks/windows

im keeping the 2nd one because it only has 100K miles and the TRD has 200K miles.... the body and interior are also in much better shape.

I am wondering if I could or should swap the things I love about the TRD to the other one before selling the TRD

can swap out the elock only?
    I know I could swap out the entire rear end but it is higher mileage ans has leaky seals
    what would you do?

Can I swap out the doors and now have power windows/locks....what else would I have to do?

What should I swap?
    Or do I just leave it and install new after market parts to get what I want?

Thanks

2. Jun 1, 2014 at 10:16 PM
    mick478

mick478 He is The STig

Member:
    First Name:
    Bott
    Stockton, CACA
    Vehicle:
    2011 White TRD Sport, 4x4 doublemint cab
    Ome 885 coils Ome n9000 front shocks Ome n182 rear shocks K&n drop in filter Duratracs Kenwood kac 90210d Kicker 12" Alpine 800 watt 4 channel Pioneer 430w 6x9 Firestone ride rite air springs
    To keep it simple, why don't you just swap motors and rebuild the rear end? If you want a couple odds and ends front the other one, just swap em over? I know the locker has to go through the ecu, so that will have to go with your locker and wire harness etc. doors and locks may not be pre wired, more of a headache if you ask me

Products Discussed in

To Top