Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

NEW RUST DISCOVERY

Old 06-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #21
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn38ms View Post
A new OE frame is approx $3500

Partznet has a 10% off deal going right now: (that would cover shipping)
http://www.trademotion.com/parts/200...iagram=8510130

Is that out of the question for you?
his frame isnt that bad.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:33 PM   #22
OldAsShit
Andy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
Andy.G's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn38ms View Post
A new OE frame is approx $3500

Partznet has a 10% off deal going right now: (that would cover shipping)
http://www.trademotion.com/parts/200...iagram=8510130

Is that out of the question for you?
I purchased the whole truck for 2800.00, frame really isn't that bad. Cab forward has no rust from leaking valve cover for no telling how many years. Will be repairing and posting more pics soon. Taking it slow and thorough as I go. Thanks for any advice also.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:44 PM   #23
OldAsShit
Andy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Andy.G's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
his frame isnt that bad.
Thanks for the support. You can see it's really not to bad. I'm of course not thrilled about having to do this but, the alternative sucks. Not my DD but already miss it. Slow and steady wins this race I think. Advice always welcome!(tacoma addict).haha
Old 06-30-2014, 08:36 PM   #24
OldAsShit

Andy.G's Tacoma Gallery
Get to pick up some por 15 tomorrow!! Also some steel for fix, grinding,cutting wheels. Yeah!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:28 PM   #25
OldAsShit

Andy.G's Tacoma Gallery
Couple more pics on frame drain holes.

water drop looks kinda white in pic
Old 07-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #26
OldAsShit

Andy.G's Tacoma Gallery
More research brought me to this

http://www.rustbullet.com/
Looks unbelievable! I am going this route for sure.
Rate this one for all to see!
Old 07-10-2014, 08:46 PM   #27
OldAsShit

Andy.G's Tacoma Gallery
Cut out cancer today. Made pieces to weld in after I clean and prep metal. I will drill the necessary holes after I weld. Here,s some pics

[url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/415222/cat/500][/url [url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/415209/cat/500][/url taped pieces on for pics.

[url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/415208/cat/500][/url hoping to finish repairs tomorrow after work.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:34 AM   #28
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
Good progress Andy

I used Rustbullet on my frame a few years back to clean up some spots.

It is a super product and has held up well in salty Ontario
Old 07-13-2014, 06:28 AM   #29
OldAsShit

Andy.G's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarioyota View Post
Good progress Andy

I used Rustbullet on my frame a few years back to clean up some spots.

It is a super product and has held up well in salty Ontario
Love to hear good things about this product. Thanks for your comments ontarioyota! Have a great day.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:14 AM   #30
Taco Wagon
offrdmania has a spectacular aura aboutoffrdmania has a spectacular aura about

Name: Matt
offrdmania's Tacoma Gallery
Im so glad I live in California. My frame doesnt have a lick of rust on it
Old 07-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #31
OldAsShit

Andy.G's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
Lucky dog.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #32
ghs57 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chops
ghs57's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
Rub it in.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #33
fishin71 is on a distinguished road

Army: 163rd field artillery
Name: Dusty
fishin71's Tacoma Gallery
looks exactly like mine did after i took the bed off. Get a power washer and use the high pressure nozzle and blast the hell out of it. after that take a wire wheel on a grinder and clean it up. then hire a welder to attach quarter inch plate to any holes ($50-100) lastly por 15 everything and what you cant reach use undercoating in a can. total expense around $ 150 and a very long weekend, but it will save that tacos life. you will be happy with the way it looks mine looks like a restored hotrod now and I sleep better. good luck
Old 07-13-2014, 08:07 PM   #34
OldAsShit

Andy.G's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I am welding the only 2 weak spots. Been working on frame clean-up with every tool known to man. I will be using rustbullet instead of the por 15. Saw a comparison and it out performed por 15. Just gotta order!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:14 PM   #35
fishin71 is on a distinguished road

Army: 163rd field artillery
Name: Dusty
fishin71's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you use a respirator that stuff is toxic when wet
Old 07-14-2014, 11:00 PM   #36
OldAsShit

Andy.G's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin71 View Post
Make sure you use a respirator that stuff is toxic when wet
Thanks!^^^^^^