1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings/Sway Bar Link Problems?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by skeezix, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Jun 24, 2014 at 5:08 AM
    skeezix

skeezix [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1998 Limited
    At 60,000 miles I replaced the stock sway bar bushings with ones made by Energy Suspension. At 70,000 I broke my right sway bar link. I then replaced both the left and the right links with Raybestos Pro Grade links, saving the stock link from the left side for emergencies. At 74,000 I broke the left link and reinstalled the stock link. Is there a "link" between the two? Has anybody else had a similar experience? 1998 Tacoma

2. Jun 24, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    Lumpskie

Lumpskie Independent Thinker

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    '96, 4x4, v6, manual hub
    Toytec 16" coilovers with Tundra Bilstein 5100s, Light Racing UCAs, Alcan Leafs with Orbit Eyes, 12" Bilstein 7100 short Bodies, ARB rear locker, 33x12.5 Duratracs, CBI sliders, Bushwacker fender flares, self made front bumper, M8000, Vision X 6.7" Hi/Lo Beam HIDs, full skids, Inchworm dual case setup - 15º clocking
    Do you wheel your truck at all? The new bushings are going to be harder than the stock rubber so, if you wheel it, there will be more stress on the sway bar and end links when you flex your front suspension. If you've got a lift, that changes the geometry for the sway bar and can add stress as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top