1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

96 tacoma 2.7 runs rough and sputter

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Chadr7858, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Jun 25, 2014 at 8:57 PM
    Chadr7858

Chadr7858 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    19 TRD SHIT BOX
    All the mods; all the problems
    Hey everyone I just bought a 96 2.7 l that has 131000 miles. When I bought it, it had a check engine light on for p0171 lean fuel mixture on bank one. The truck ran totally fine got it home no problems. I had taken off the battery cable to reset the computer and now it has no light on idles totally fine but when I drive it, it has no power sputters and runs rough. I was wondering what you guys think could be the problem. I have checked the maf and it's clean and the throttle body looks a little dirty but not horrible. The air filter is dirty and will replace it tomorrow to see if it help what would you guys do? The previous owner said that his mechanic said that the computer was messed up but the code is for lean fuel mixture.

2. Jun 27, 2014 at 12:09 AM
    Speedytech7

Speedytech7 Toyota Cult Ombudsman

Member:
    First Name:
    ゼイン
    5520 E Sprague Ave, Spokane Valley, WA 99212
    Vehicle:
    93 80 Series LC & 96 Turbo V6 Taco 4WD
    I've done a mod or two
    I'd bet that the catalytic converter is clogged, can cause those symptoms. Also never a bad idea to change spark plugs and wires. Good Luck

Sent from my HTC One using Forum Fiend.

Products Discussed in

To Top