Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How are you mounting your Hi-Lift Jack

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #21
"old Brett", Tour Guide
BDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
BDN's Tacoma Gallery
I bolted mine to the bed side too.
Has been working fine.

Link to the Hi-Lift install http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post8049277
Old 07-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #22
LOW.LIGHT.WIDE
mrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
mrbeggins's Tacoma Gallery
In the box, on a bed bar that I made. Also an axe and shovel carrier

image by Tanner Tucker, on Flickr

Gives you an idea of the space in front of it for shit as well. Still tones of room even with a full size spare that fits under it and a bobbed box

Old 07-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #23
LFTDJEEP426 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLFTDJEEP426 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLFTDJEEP426 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLFTDJEEP426 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLFTDJEEP426 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLFTDJEEP426 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLFTDJEEP426 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLFTDJEEP426 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLFTDJEEP426 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLFTDJEEP426 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLFTDJEEP426 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
LFTDJEEP426's Tacoma Gallery
Damn good lookin truck!
Old 07-05-2014, 05:51 AM   #24
Countinuous improvement
TejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nathan
TejasYOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Mine use to be on the bed bar... now it's on my tire gate.

But I am rethinking to relocate it back into the bed so it will not be a tree branch snagger.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #25
raise hell, drink beer
mustangstephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmustangstephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmustangstephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmustangstephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmustangstephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmustangstephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmustangstephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmustangstephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmustangstephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmustangstephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmustangstephen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
mustangstephen's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing fancy.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #26
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery

To my tool box. Bolts come through from the inside and there is a long piece of flat steel in there for extra support. Then held on by wing nuts.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:33 PM   #27
dispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
dispatch55126's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post

To my tool box. Bolts come through from the inside and there is a long piece of flat steel in there for extra support. Then held on by wing nuts.
What bumper is that?
Old 07-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #28
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
4xinnovations:

Old 07-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #29
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Mine's on a bedrack or on my tire carrier. Spends most of the time on the tire carrier now since my maxtrax took the space on the bedrack.

bedrack

tire carrier

On the topic of a hilift being a "death-trap", they are no more dangerous than any other jack if used properly. You definitely need to be careful using them, especially if you get them raised to the upper limits of the jack. If you've never used one before, make sure you know how to use it before you need to and use it properly and you'll be just fine and will probably live through the experience.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:08 PM   #30
VAYoder4167 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frank
VAYoder4167's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdugan6 View Post
$6

How did you do that exactly very curious might run the same thing if I can figure out how you did it?
Old 07-07-2014, 10:18 PM   #31
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
How I mounted mine with about $10 in parts:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post6672699

Chainsaws, knives, axes, shovels, blenders, ovens, cars, locomotives, airplanes, natural gas, 2 Tbsp of water, etc. are all dangerous when misused.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #32
Pdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAYoder4167 View Post
How did you do that exactly very curious might run the same thing if I can figure out how you did it?

I don have any wheel well liners so it was a matter of drilling 2 holes.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #33
VAYoder4167 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frank
VAYoder4167's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdugan6 View Post
I don have any wheel well liners so it was a matter of drilling 2 holes.
What size bolts did you use? How far apart did you space them?
Old 07-08-2014, 01:22 PM   #34
dispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Thanks all for the suggestions.

Right now I'm considered a SOS Concepts Bed Bar with spare tire carrier. Assuming I get one, my Hi-Lift will mount to that. Otherwise, I'll get a Loc-Rac.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #35
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhouse23 View Post
I used this:

http://www.amazon.com/Hi-Lift-4X400-...s=hi+lift+lock

Used fuel hose with outdoor adhesive and zip-ties on the bottom to prevent scratching to the bed side:

Wait... what? You'll drill 8 holes in your bedside but you're covering the corners of a flat edge to prevent scratching? What difference would it make at that point? Once these are tightened, they aren't moving anyways.

Old 07-08-2014, 01:39 PM   #36

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Wait... what? You'll drill 8 holes in your bedside but you're covering the corners of a flat edge to prevent scratching? What difference would it make at that point? Once these are tightened, they aren't moving anyways.

He has a Gen2. If you look at the pic, he's only mounted to the rail at the top. There are no bolts attached to the bottom of the jack mount.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:39 PM   #37
DCSBORFTMFW
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

geekhouse23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post

They attach to the bed rails with t-slot nuts (there are only 4 bolts at the top; not attached at the bottom). I thought it would have sat flush with the bed side and when hitting potholes etc, I thought the bed side would have gotten scratched up. But after installing, it is VERY solid and not going anywhere. I noticed there was about an inch gap between the bottom edge and the bedside. Could remove rubber hose but it isn't hurting anything being there.

EDIT: dispatch was fast on the draw
Old 07-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #38

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhouse23 View Post

EDIT: dispatch was fast on the draw

Products Discussed in this Thread