1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Input on new lift

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Chris64, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Jul 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM
    Chris64

Chris64 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Beverly,Ma
    Vehicle:
    04 SR5 4x4
    2.5 inch lift
    Hi guys,
    So I broke one of my leaves the other day. The part of the spring that attaches to the foward most shackle broke. Kinda bitter sweet seeing as it was the kick in the pants I needed to break down and buy a lift. What I ordered was a set of Skyjacker leaf packs with a 2.5" lift and new Billies 5100's for a 2.5" lift upfront. Anyone else running a similar set up? Any things to watch out for? How do you like em'?
    Thanks in advance and happy 4th

2. Jul 7, 2014 at 7:37 AM
    JAGER91374

JAGER91374 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Des Plaines
    Vehicle:
    3 TRD O/R
    OME 883's and Dakars, OME Shocks, Gray Wire, Deck Plate, Blacked Out Chrome, RAT Skids, BAMF BPV Bracket, Toytec Diff Drop, Braided Extended Brake Lines Front and Rear, In-Dash Nav.
    The 5100's with the stock springs set to 2.5 lift is going to ride like poop.I ran this setup for about 5 yrs and felt every grain of sand I drove over.

I'd "spring" pun intended for a set of OME springs either the 881's or 883's and set them to the lowest ring ont he 5100's.

No personal experience with Skyjacker stuff but I've heard mixed reviews.

3. Jul 7, 2014 at 2:52 PM
    BVCOTaco

BVCOTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    BV, CO
    Vehicle:
    02 Xtra Cab SR5 TRD
    ARB Bullbar
    I don't have Skyjacker springs, but have had issues with different shocks and bushing from skyjacker in the past. I would recommend the OME springs and shocks. They are designed to work well together and offer a great ride. Add the Dakar leaf springs and you will be set for a nice riding truck and a nice lift. Call and talk to Wheelers off-road about the different options.

Products Discussed in

To Top