Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ultraguage and abs

Old 07-06-2014, 01:34 PM   #1
604YOTA is on a distinguished road

Name: Disco Stu
604YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
ultraguage and abs

So my 04 taco 3.4 has the abs light coming on when my ultraguage is plugged in...it comes on only sometimes and starts flashing.

Any ideas?
Old 07-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #2
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
There is an additional adapter to fix it
See their FAQ
Old 07-06-2014, 09:13 PM   #4
Archer550 is on a distinguished road
Canadian Army:
Archer550's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
Well-known problem. Easily fixed with this cable.
Can confirm the cable fixed it with my 04
Old 07-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #5
KaBar is on a distinguished road

Marines: Combat Engineer
KaBar's Tacoma Gallery
I've been having the same problem. I found that if I wait for the ABS light to turn off before I start my truck I stopped having the ABS light blink.

One of these days I might buy that cable but for the time being I'll just wait to start my truck.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #6
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBar View Post
I've been having the same problem. I found that if I wait for the ABS light to turn off before I start my truck I stopped having the ABS light blink.

One of these days I might buy that cable but for the time being I'll just wait to start my truck.
I, too, "worked around" the problem by starting a certain way for a couple of years. I (and my wife) eventually grew tired of it, so I bought the cable. After having it for a several months, I wonder why I waited so long to permanently cure the annoyance.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #7
TJF is on a distinguished road
TJF's Tacoma Gallery
Cable fixed my ABS light as well. Although I have been told that the light is off but the ABS is not functional anymore with the ultra gauge. Don't know if that is true or not,
Old 07-10-2014, 09:15 PM   #8
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF View Post
I have been told that the light is off but the ABS is not functional anymore with the ultra gauge. Don't know if that is true or not,
Not true. In teaching my son to drive, I demonstrated and let him experience ABS in my truck with my UltraGauge connected. It worked just fine when the light was off.

The only time my ABS functionality is affected is when the light is blinking (similar to when the TRD e-locker is engaged).