Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

XTRA CAB SUBWOOFER

Old 07-07-2014, 06:21 AM   #1
RocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RocktheRed's Tacoma Gallery
XTRA CAB SUBWOOFER

I'm wondering! I need more bass in my cab - my setup sucks and the speakers I bought are more high and mid hitters. Polk Audio DB571's. Anyways - Just wondering if anyone on here has a good subwoofer setup in the extra cab!
I was thinking about cutting out the storage bin behind the passenger seat and dropping a sub in there...has anyone done this? thanks!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:29 AM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocktheRed View Post
I'm wondering! I need more bass in my cab - my setup sucks and the speakers I bought are more high and mid hitters. Polk Audio DB571's. Anyways - Just wondering if anyone on here has a good subwoofer setup in the extra cab!
I was thinking about cutting out the storage bin behind the passenger seat and dropping a sub in there...has anyone done this? thanks!
I plan on doing that. You don't have to cut out anything. You just have to seal it up (either with fiberglass or the easier route: dynamat - or equivalent).

The only problems with doing that is:

1. You have to make sure the woofer is recessed a bit under the lid (or whatever custom piece you make) so that you can lower the seat cushion. If you never lower the seat cushion for someone to sit on, then don't worry about it.

2. If someone is sitting on the seat above it, you have to turn the woofer off.

You could also go the Stealthbox route, albeit it somewhat expensive, but to me it takes up too much space in the rear.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:08 AM   #3
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just gave up the seat behind the driver for a sub box (I sit way too far back to put anyone back there anyway)

I've always like Jason's setup though:

His build:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-toy-taco.html
Old 07-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #4
RocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RocktheRed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
I just gave up the seat behind the driver for a sub box (I sit way too far back to put anyone back there anyway)

I've always like Jason's setup though:

His build:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-toy-taco.html
that is awesome!!
Old 07-07-2014, 10:19 AM   #5
presto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
presto's Tacoma Gallery
Here is what i will get eventually. Not sure if i want the double box or single..

http://www.supercrewsound.com/Tacoma-ext.html
Old 07-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #6
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by presto View Post
Here is what i will get eventually. Not sure if i want the double box or single..

http://www.supercrewsound.com/Tacoma-ext.html
Pretty slick... and a fraction of the cost of a stealthbox.

edit: nvm... read this:
  • Fits behind center console snuggly between the rear seat mounts
Old 07-07-2014, 10:46 AM   #7
presto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
presto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Pretty slick... and a fraction of the cost of a stealthbox.

edit: nvm... read this:
  • Fits behind center console snuggly between the rear seat mounts
The double box goes against the back though. its basically just a raised up seat.. I figured a center console for the back seats wouldn't be the worst thing either though if i just wanted to go with the single box.

IMO this is the cheap/easy solution. You could definitely make something a lot cleaner/better looking. This is just the quick easy route. I may end up making my own custom fiberglass boxes but its a lot of work.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #8
Only women shave beneath the neck.
Tribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by presto View Post
The double box goes against the back though. its basically just a raised up seat.. I figured a center console for the back seats wouldn't be the worst thing either though if i just wanted to go with the single box.

IMO this is the cheap/easy solution. You could definitely make something a lot cleaner/better looking. This is just the quick easy route. I may end up making my own custom fiberglass boxes but its a lot of work.
I had the double box in my old X-Cab. It was just like a raised platform in the back, could still throw stuff on it. And it sounded pretty damn good. I had two 12" Alpine Type E's in it.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:21 PM   #9
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
2. If someone is sitting on the seat above it, you have to turn the woofer off.
That should be up to the discretion of the driver and who the passenger is
Old 07-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
That should be up to the discretion of the driver and who the passenger is
Well considering the only passengers I have are my daughter and GF...

....I'm not going there
Old 07-07-2014, 07:41 PM   #11
KiteGuam is on a distinguished road

KiteGuam's Tacoma Gallery
I've got kicker 40CS684 5X7 speakers with kenwood DDX514 headunit and a mtx RT8PT 8" powered tube-sub mounted between my rear seats standing upright.
My system bumps and I still have the space for passengers
Old 07-07-2014, 07:57 PM   #12
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well considering the only passengers I have are my daughter and GF...

....I'm not going there
The GF may like it..
Old 07-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #13
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
A couple of my setups I had:

Old 07-08-2014, 07:51 AM   #14
frizzman is on a distinguished road

frizzman's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.customtacos.com/forum/15-...er-setups.html

lots of good references to custom setups

I'm liking the two halves setup