Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HELP please, which bolt/nuts do I need

Old 07-07-2014, 01:57 PM   #1
bellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to behold

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
Question HELP please, which bolt/nuts do I need

So I ordered a complete Magnaflow exhaust kit for my 2003, V6 Taco including both cat converters and two brand new denso sensors. Basically, everything after the manifold will be replaced.

The exhaust kit was delivered today and there I am getting ready to install it and low and behold, I noticed the bolts and nuts for both cat converters are not included!! WTF

I don't know if they were supposed to be included but in any case I need them now. I will go to my local exhaust shop and see if I can find something that will fit as the holes look bigger than the stock Toyota parts.

Anybody knows which size or part number they are?

Also need the nuts to fasten the O2 sensors since the ones on the old exhaust are rusted badly. Anybody knows which size or part number they are as well.

Thanks guys
Old 07-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #2
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
O2 sensor nuts should be 90179-08059.

The bolts for the exhaust flanges (the cat and muffler pipe flanges) should be 90105-10388. Nuts should be 94185-6100

Do you need the nuts at the exhaust manifold/cat connection? I have them somewhere but have to search.

You'll want to verify all those part numbers since I'm not 100% sure which joints you need bolts/nuts for.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #3
bellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to behold

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
O2 sensor nuts should be 90179-08059.

The bolts for the exhaust flanges (the cat and muffler pipe flanges) should be 90105-10388. Nuts should be 94185-6100

Do you need the nuts at the exhaust manifold/cat connection? I have them somewhere but have to search.

You'll want to verify all those part numbers since I'm not 100% sure which joints you need bolts/nuts for.
Thanks for your help, I'm afraid all these bolts and nuts you are referring to won't fit since it's not for a stock Toyota exhaust but for Magnaflow exhaust parts including both cat converters.

I found grade 8 nuts and lock washers for the two O2 sensors but I'm still unsure on what to use for the cat converters flanges?
Old 07-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #4

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
Another question I have is do I need spring bolts or just regular bolt and nuts??

Where are all the experts when we need them? lol
Old 07-07-2014, 03:59 PM   #5
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
its an exhaust, just bolt the shit up lol. find a bolt that fits and use it.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #6
welterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant future
Navy: HT1
welterbf123's Tacoma Gallery
Preferably grade 5 or 8...
Old 07-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #7
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellero View Post
Thanks for your help, I'm afraid all these bolts and nuts you are referring to won't fit since it's not for a stock Toyota exhaust but for Magnaflow exhaust parts including both cat converters.

I found grade 8 nuts and lock washers for the two O2 sensors but I'm still unsure on what to use for the cat converters flanges?
get yourself a good set of calipers. They will take you very far.

Not sure why so different with the addition of the cats. I have the Magnaflow cat-back kit and the flanges matched perfectly.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #8

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
OK I'm getting somewhere now! So now for the part where the front cat converter attach to the manifold (there are three nuts), I found out the nuts part number is 17410A but I can't tell if they screw onto bolts or studs? I can't find a diagram online showing the manifold side. Anybody knows?
Old 07-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #9

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
bolts or studs? Anybody knows?
Old 07-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #10
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.villagetoyotaparts.com/sh...rimLevel=13972
Old 07-07-2014, 08:51 PM   #11

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks but this diagram is the same one I've looked at and it doesn't show what I need to know

Old 07-07-2014, 08:53 PM   #12

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
I can't see on the other side of the flange to tell if these three things are bolts or studs and it's too rusted to be able to feel with the fingers.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:57 PM   #13

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
get yourself a good set of calipers. They will take you very far.

Not sure why so different with the addition of the cats. I have the Magnaflow cat-back kit and the flanges matched perfectly.
My truck must be different because on the OEM exhaust, one flange is threaded and the other one not, then Toyota OEM bolts go thru one flange and screws in the other one. The screws are pointy looking. Magnaflow flanges on both the cats and the exhaust line just have holes where you need a bolt with a nut on the other side.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #14
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Went and checked mine. It be a stud.

Guessing it is Part No. 90116-10149 since they are used throughout the exhaust diagrams

Old 07-07-2014, 09:41 PM   #15
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellero View Post
My truck must be different because on the OEM exhaust, one flange is threaded and the other one not, then Toyota OEM bolts go thru one flange and screws in the other one. The screws are pointy looking. Magnaflow flanges on both the cats and the exhaust line just have holes where you need a bolt with a nut on the other side.
the flanges behind the cat on mine are all straight holes with a nut/bolt combo to join them. Odd, the change.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:47 PM   #16

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the flanges behind the cat on mine are all straight holes with a nut/bolt combo to join them. Odd, the change.
Thanks for your help man, I bought the truck used a few years ago, my guess is that the exhaust may not be the original one?
Old 07-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #17
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
The picture you got there looks like the stock exhaust neck-down and O2 sensor. Have to see a pic of the cats and the muffler to better tell.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #18

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Went and checked mine. It be a stud.

Guessing it is Part No. 90116-10149 since they are used throughout the exhaust diagrams
OK thanks, that tells me I can't go aggressive in removing those three nuts because I don't want to have to replace the studs! So no grinder, just the good old PB blaster/torch/patience combo!
Old 07-07-2014, 09:51 PM   #19

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The picture you got there looks like the stock exhaust neck-down and O2 sensor. Have to see a pic of the cats and the muffler to better tell.
It's only a generic picture I found online to show what I was talking about, mine is way more rusty that one! I'd be quite happy if mine was clean like that cuz it would be so easy to remove!
Old 07-07-2014, 09:53 PM   #20
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Ah, you had me confuzzled. Was wondering why it wasn't a piece o' cake with the condition they "looked".

Here's a digram for the exhaust parts from the cat to the tip. Note that it calls out a nut and bolt combo at the various flanges. Maybe you have the TRD one and they did things a little different?

http://www.villagetoyotaparts.com/sh...rimLevel=13972