Notices

Airbag warning light came on then faded out

Old 07-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #1
96Tac is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Radio Control Dispatcher Retired
Name: Jim
96Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Airbag warning light came on then faded out

I have a 96 Tacoma purchased new, a few years ago my airbag warning light came on then faded to out several times upon starting up. I shined it and it has stayed out since. I worry that the bulb may be out and the airbag system might have failed. Any clue as to why the light would come on and then fade to out after a few minutes of driving? I hate to go to the dealership @ $130/hour.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #2
Countinuous improvement
TejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nathan
TejasYOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Doubt the bulb would burn out....those damn things seem to last longer than our engines.
Check your connections to the seatbelts, airbag sensors under the hood, etc.
Or if you have a code reader to see if a code pulls up.