Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Is this Taco a good buy?

Old 07-09-2014, 11:13 PM   #1
TacomaTravis is on a distinguished road
Navy: Corpsman
TacomaTravis's Tacoma Gallery
Is this Taco a good buy?

2002 Tacoma, 3.4 V6, xtracab, manual, TRD, SR5, K&N intake, brush guard, e locker, push-button 4WD, 119,000 miles, comes with sub/amp/speakers/deck, said he'd take $10,000 and not a dollar less (I tried).

Old 07-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #2
Do you even travel bro?
TashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dereck
TashcomerTexas's Tacoma Gallery
Oh god what the hell could be worse than fake stick on vents?...

And and those decals. Dear lord

Although it sounds like a decent deal considering such low miles and 4x4 is a plus along with the locker
Old 07-09-2014, 11:17 PM   #3
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Is that a new frame I see?
Old 07-09-2014, 11:30 PM   #5
Yeah the vents and pinstriping bullshit would be gone in a heartbeat lol
Old 07-09-2014, 11:31 PM   #6
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
What's with the discoloring on the intake manifold? Is it normal for the rust belt?
Old 07-10-2014, 12:09 AM   #8
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
Is that a new frame I see?
nope
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaTravis View Post
Yeah the vents and pinstriping bullshit would be gone in a heartbeat lol
looks like an ok deal.

i paid $8500 for an 01 TRD with 96k miles in washington in 2011.

KBB supports this being the range you should pay. excellent condition for that truck is ~$9000
http://www.kbb.com/toyota/tacoma-xtr...=private-party
Old 07-10-2014, 12:45 AM   #9
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
Throw the pine striping away and the burn the fake vents in the driveway with fire and you've got an excellent truck
Throw those goofy blue eyeball lights on the fire too ... otherwise looks like a good deal.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:49 AM   #10
It's a surf spot not a house
LogCabins is on a distinguished road

Army: AGR Hawaii Army National Guard
LogCabins's Tacoma Gallery
Ask him to show you receipts for timing belt change.....if he hasn't done it maybe he will budge a bit on the price......but if not, still a good deal.......just wear a mask on the way home when u buy it so no one sees you with those ridiculous "hood vents" and pinstripes and silhouette sticker of a PAC-man ghost on the rear glass
Old 07-10-2014, 12:52 AM   #11
It's a surf spot not a house
LogCabins is on a distinguished road

Army: AGR Hawaii Army National Guard
LogCabins's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah and the "extra" 4x4 badge on the tailgate.......burn it with the chain link license plate holders LOL
Old 07-10-2014, 08:14 AM   #12
OldAsShit
Andy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndy.G is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
Andy.G's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah kinda ghetto. Nice truck when you get past the goofy shit. Maybe 1000 to much.GL
Old 07-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #13
Zork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to all
Zork's Tacoma Gallery
it may just be me, but the hood looks mis-aligned and the sidemarkers have silver trim, but the grill has chrome trim. May be a sign of front end damage
Old 07-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #14
BAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prime BEEF
Name: Ray
BAMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zork View Post
it may just be me, but the hood looks mis-aligned and the sidemarkers have silver trim, but the grill has chrome trim. May be a sign of front end damage
It looks like the hood was not closed all the way on the last pic. That could be why it looks misaligned.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #15
Zork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to all
Zork's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMS View Post
It looks like the hood was not closed all the way on the last pic. That could be why it looks misaligned.
I figured the hood may have been popped to see the engine after I posted, but if you blow up pic #9 of the front end you will see the passenger light is way off, and the side marker trim is cracked.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #16
Only women shave beneath the neck.
Tribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
I think if you could get him down to 9k, maybe 9.5k, it would be a pretty good deal.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:15 PM   #17
Indy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Indy's Tacoma Gallery
The hood alignment and gap in every picture looks funky.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zork View Post
I figured the hood may have been popped to see the engine after I posted, but if you blow up pic #9 of the front end you will see the passenger light is way off, and the side marker trim is cracked.
Yeah the hood wasn't fully closed in any of these pics, but I do see what you mean about the passenger headlight. Didn't even notice that when I was looking at it. I text the guy this morning asking for the VIN so I could run it. He said he'd send it when he gets off work at 1700, but he also said another guy that offered him $9800 is coming to look at it at 1730.