1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Power door/window possibility?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by KiteGuam, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Jul 29, 2014 at 8:50 PM
    KiteGuam

KiteGuam [OP] The favorite!

Member:
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    03 Xtra-Cab 2.7L 4X4
    starting over from scratch
    My truck has manual door/window but I was wondering if it was possible to switch them to auto door/window? Would I just need to find motors and new panels? Truck is an 03' extra cab 4X4

2. Jul 30, 2014 at 5:31 AM
    AlienBacon

AlienBacon Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Seattle, Wa
    1" Body Lift 3" Suspension Lift
    Not sure about that year, but yea it's possible. Do some searching here on the forums, and from Google. If all else fails, you could always drill out some holes and mount a new bracket for the switch assembly and buy a generic Power Window/Lock assembly and wire it in yourself, or take it somewhere to have it install.

I'm sure there's panels already made for that year though, the question is if they'll fit properly, but I don't see why they wouldn't. Check some junkyards.

Anything is Possible!

3. Jul 30, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    Yoda the Taco

Yoda the Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Kingsport
    Vehicle:
    Majestic White Stallion
    00 front end swap 3 inch spacer/block 01 dash swap Flux capacitor 04 center console tach cluster swap avatar-10 hyperdrive 02 door panels powerlocks/keyless entry electric fan swap 4runner seats
    I threw a cheap ebay keyless entry/power lock system in mine. It came with the actators and wiring as well as the keyless control module. I spruced it up a bit and cut the wiring to size and soldered it together, then put the wiring in plastic wire tubes before the install. I thing it cost about $30 all together. I've been using it for 6 months with no issues. The install took a couple of hours. well worth the money IMO. I didn't bother with the windows, but they also had kits for the windows for around $50. I felt like they werent worth it

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top