1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fuel issue or not?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Bricktop, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Aug 4, 2014 at 11:32 AM
    Bricktop

Bricktop [OP] Member

Member:
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    2003 PreRunner
    I have an 03 Pre-Runner V6 that has developed a fuel supply issue (I think) which is predominately occurring when towing my boat.
    When on the highway and I slow down for traffic or turns (not coming to a complete stop) and release my foot from the gas pedal it will take 2-3 seconds for the vehicle to regain fuel supply to continue moving forward, otherwise the truck is operating at idle until fuel is received. I do not get this issue around town with or without towing only on the highway after several miles or more (I would say approx. 25 miles prior to issues occurring).
    I have changed fuel filter (OEM), spoken with my mechanic who says it will not be the fuel pump as it is electronic and is either working or not. There is no engine light indication and I am wondering if anyone has had this experience or can offer any advise.
    Taco has 167K miles and I have owned vehicle from new.
    Thank you in advance for any insight.

2. Aug 4, 2014 at 11:57 AM
    Tacotime99

Tacotime99 The Angry Taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5
    Bumpers Sliders Skid plates 33" tires
    Is your's feeling like it gets bogged down or it's missing (bucking feeling when driving)?

I'm having that same issue and no one here has responded to my issue either...

I'm going to do a major tune up this weekend and see if that fixes the issue. Let me know if you're is doing the same.

Products Discussed in

To Top