Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tweaked frame?

Old 08-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #1
Keyboard commander
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Tweaked frame?

All right i just got looking at this Effin bumper and it's crooked to the one side too! Can anyone tell me if there's anyway to tell if I have a tweaked frame? I measured from the front frame to the wheels on both sides and it was the exact same. Anyone have an idea?? I'm starting to worry that the po may have wrecked it!

Any info would be great as to what to look for to tell if it is tweaked.
Thanks!

Here's some pics Attachment 283783
Attachment 283784
Attachment 283785
Attachment 283786
Attachment 283787
It's just weird the whole bumper just seems shifted to the one side, the stock bumper seamed fine if I remember correctly
Old 08-04-2014, 05:47 PM   #2
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
The bumper brackets might be bent, mine are.
You can put the truck on jack stands on a flat, level surface and measure up to the frame on both sides.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:14 PM   #4
Keyboard commander
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh really? Do you have a pic? That would be awesome. How bad is it if the brackets are alittle bent?
Old 08-04-2014, 06:22 PM   #5
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CohbsTaco View Post
Oh really? Do you have a pic? That would be awesome. How bad is it if the brackets are alittle bent?
I'll get one tomorrow, it was a pain in the ass to get the bolt holes to line up, had to elongate the holes like 3/8 inch, and one side sits higher than the other
Old 08-04-2014, 06:26 PM   #6
Keyboard commander

Because my stock bumper seamed fine, and the body lines all seem good, I hope it just the bumper I'm worried
Old 08-04-2014, 06:30 PM   #7
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
The front ends of these trucks are not symmetrical. its been a topic of discussion among those with aftermarket bumpers. just one of the quarks on these trucks. friend had similar things with his elite. extensive measurements proved a square frame and bumper but the bumper sticks out more on one side.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:44 PM   #8
Keyboard commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
The front ends of these trucks are not symmetrical. its been a topic of discussion among those with aftermarket bumpers. just one of the quarks on these trucks. friend had similar things with his elite. extensive measurements proved a square frame and bumper but the bumper sticks out more on one side.
Oh that's great news! Thanks a bunch man that really eased my mind. I was kind of freakin out..