Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Clutch pedal squeak

Old 04-14-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
Evasquez
Evasquez is on a distinguished road

Evasquez's Tacoma Gallery
Clutch pedal squeak

every time i push it down and release it, the most annoying squeak sound happens...I have read a few threads but does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
if it makes you feel any better, the 05+ do it too... oil/lube doesn't help it either.. if the guys are under warranty they replace the whole assembly.. i don't know if there are any fixes for your body style besides lube..

good luck
Old 04-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
natebaur is on a distinguished road
natebaur's Tacoma Gallery
thrust berrings ma
ybe
Old 04-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
The sound you're hearing is most likely the release bearing fork, which sits on a round pivot inside the transmission bell housing. Unfortunately there's not much you can do about it unless you remove the transmission to get at it. Mine did it for years before I finally replaced the clutch and was able to lube the pivot joint.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #5
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
Mine does the same thing. And I currently have my tranny on the ground. Where exactly do you lube it if you don't mind telling me. somewhere inside the bell housing?
Old 04-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #6
lower management
trtripoli is on a distinguished road

trtripoli's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to trtripoli
I had mine replaced on my '07 through my warrenty and it still squeaks when it gets warm. I recommend greasing it.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #7
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What you want to look for is the fork that runs outside of the bell housing. Its what pushes the thrust bearing back and forth. It is held in place by a small spring. When you remove it, you'll see a rounded ball joint looking thing. Its the only thing the fork rests on. I used high quality bearing grease because it is heat and dirt resistant. If I were you and I had the transmission out, I'd replace all of the stuff in there anyway - thrust bearing, clutch, or whatever because the parts are cheap enough, that is unless the clutch is new or has little wear. Might as well do it while you have it apart.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #8

ohhhhhh.... wait a minute.... this is an 07'? Well mine is a 96. Not totally sure if the fork is the same on the new ones. But if it squeaks when you push it down, it surely has to be either the thrust bearing or thrust fork pivot.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:57 PM   #9
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^ Cool man. Thanks for the info. Even though, as you stated, not exactly the same year model, I kinda know what to do now.

Unfortunately my tranny is down due to "user error" as stated by the service manager.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
lower management
trtripoli is on a distinguished road

trtripoli's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to trtripoli
this has been posted a few times on here, but here is the TSB for squeaky clutch peddles for 2nd generations. It has a good diagram of the clutch assembly. I imgaine the 1st generation isn't too much different
Attached Files
File Type: pdf T-TC004-06.pdf (607.8 KB, 395 views)
Old 04-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #11
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
Do you hear it in the cab just above the clutch pedal? Or is it from under/outside the cab? If you hear it mainly from the inside, on my 99 there a few hard plastic bushings that eventually break and leave small bits on the floor board, look up Janster she did a complete write up on it, I'll look and see.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #12
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.lieblweb.com/tacoma/Mecha...tchBushing.htm

have a look here, Janster, a member here did this good explanation
Old 04-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #13
Stayed Up Too Late

To me, it sounds like on the inside. But it really only sounds like something WD-40 can fix. I guess not though.