1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone seen no drill led light bar brackets

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by lve2xlr8_mph, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Aug 26, 2014 at 12:31 PM
    lve2xlr8_mph

lve2xlr8_mph [OP] Silver Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Zebulon, NC
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma 3.4 V6 Limited
    Bilstein 3" lift
    I am looking into getting an led light bar and possibly mounting it on top of the truck but I do not want to drill holes in my truck and anyone seen some nice brackets that do not require drilling. Thanks

2. Aug 26, 2014 at 12:56 PM
    Jon850FL

Jon850FL is Lurkin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    DFS, FL
    sounds like a good way to have it get stolen.

3. Aug 26, 2014 at 9:24 PM
    Indy

Indy Master of all I survey.

Member:
    All things are possible with a liberal application of duct tape.

4. Aug 26, 2014 at 11:13 PM
    TimPall13

TimPall13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Gresham Oregon
    Vehicle:
    3link SAS 02 SR5 Limited V6
    Lift: TrailGear 3link SAS with Fox 2.0 Coil overs in front. Custom Alcan Leafs with relocated Fox 2.0 shocks in rear. Sitting at 6in of lift. Armor: Relentless Fab Front bumper with home made hoops and Warn VR Evo 10s winch. Relentless Fab Rear bumper with swingout gate. Gears/Grip: 4.88 gears with ARB Air lockers front and rear. 35x12.5 Mickey Thimpson Baja Boss MTs on 17in Trail Ready Beadlock wheels. Lighting: 6000k 55w HID head lights in Retrofit Prejectors, KC Slim Light LEDs behind a Grillcraft grill and on CBI windshield mounts, And LED rock Lights. Performance: 6" deckplate mod, URD Crank Pulley, K&N air filter, ISR mod, and a AirRaid throttle body spacer, magnaflow muffler. Audio: Alpine speakers and sub running on a Alpine 5ch amp. All ran with Stinger wire kit, and a Pioneer AVH4100NEX DVD receiver. Extras: 15% Window Tint, Spray in bed liner, LineX coated factoey fender flares, Custom Roof rack/Track system, SoftTopper Canopy, Viair Dual 444c Onboard air with dual 2.5Gal tanks.
    Ive seen some companies have magnet mounts. I personally have no experience with them and havent heard any reviews but may look into that option.

Tim

5. Aug 27, 2014 at 12:28 AM
    NightProwler

NightProwler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harlan
    Maricopa, Az
    Vehicle:
    '01 Prerunner, '03 cbr600rr, '09 R1, '03 cbr954rr
    On a first gen? Highly highly doubt you'll be able to mount anything w/o drilling. Unless you've got a roof rack or something else already up there. And I think you'll have a hard time finding any mounts premade to buy and slap on there. You could buy some for other applications and modify it to fit your specific bar. Or yer gonna have to fab one up yourself. There are quite a few guys on here who are trying to figure out a design that could be universally used and sold for us first gens, me included. I once had an idea for a completely universal mount, but didn't pan out. I'm now thinking up some ideas for a mount that could be very easily installed using the rain gutters for a mounting point. But again this will require two holes to be drilled on each side. But it will be much easier and painless for people that are anxious about drilling into their truck. I mean, it's the rain gutter. The weather stripping hides it anyways. I wished I would've thought of that sooner too because I had drilled into the side of the cab just above the rain gutter and had a helluva time getting bolts in through there under the headliner...
    But that would be the way to go if you have the option of fabbing one up yourself. Currently I'm unable to do any kind of fab work let alone purchase supplies. But I'll get to it eventually. Gonna be a future side hobby.. Anyways, good hunting. Didn't mean to let u down. Keep searching. Maybe you'll find something I haven't yet. Let us know.

6. Aug 28, 2014 at 9:28 AM
    lve2xlr8_mph

lve2xlr8_mph [OP] Silver Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Zebulon, NC
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma 3.4 V6 Limited
    Bilstein 3" lift
    Ok thanks guys I'll keep looking or see if I could fab something up. Please keep me informed if anyone finds anything before me.

Thanks

7. Aug 28, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    SnowroxKT

SnowroxKT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Anchorage Alaska
    Vehicle:
    '18 T4R & '06 F250
    6" lift 40s
    Just build an exo cage and mount it to that...

I don't think there is a way to do it, that is at least not a good way to do it without holes.

Products Discussed in

To Top