1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clearwater NF trip and now I'm looking for advice.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by diverse, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Aug 27, 2014 at 10:54 AM
    diverse

diverse [OP] Member

Member:
    N Central Idaho
    Vehicle:
    DC SR5 TRD
    Went on a crazy long drive into the NF Sunday, we had a blast!!
    We left Kamiah ID @ 8 AM and did not get back until 3:30 AM. What a long day! We followed NF road 100 to 500 (Lolo Motorway). We stopped at beautiful Rocky Ridge Lake for lunch and then went on to Weitas Butte Lookout and saw spectacular views of the Forrest. We continued down to Saddle Camp and found Rd 107 closed so we decided to backtrack. It was a big mistake not to check on the road conditions before we entered the Forrest! Driving all the way back in the dark was an interesting experience, I did enjoy it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I’m thinking I need to make some mods to improve the ride and night vision. My suspension is way too stiff with original stock shocks and springs with a leveler kit in front. Stock head lights and no off road lights make it challenging in the extremely dark Forrest at night!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  2. Aug 27, 2014 at 2:42 PM
    MrRiverMan

MrRiverMan Compulsive tinkerer

Member:
    WNC
    Vehicle:
    2003 Taco 2.7 4x4 auto, 96 Taco 2.7 4x4 manual, previously 2000 Taco 2.7 4x4 manual, 1994 22RE 4x4 manual, and 1996 T100 4x4 auto
    Can't comment on the suspension, but excellent pics of an amazing place! I'm gonna try some of those roads if I ever make it back to the NFCW.

Products Discussed in

To Top