Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dumb Jack Question

Old 09-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
odellkevin is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
odellkevin's Tacoma Gallery
Dumb Jack Question

I just picked up a '98 PreRunner, V-6, XtraCab, TRD. I was looking around inside the cab and in the two cubby holes in back. The drivers side cubby hole has a bottle jack and the passenger side cubby hole has a scissor jack and the tire tool kit. Am I suppose to have two jacks?!? What exactly am I suppose to have, and where are they suppose to be stored?
Old 09-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I only have the one behind the passenger seat
Old 09-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Shit.... Ignore that.... I just seen this is 1st gen
Old 09-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #4
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
were they just laying in there or stored like a factory deal
Old 09-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #5
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
My 1st gen (bought new) had one behind the passenger side in the cubby. It was a scissor jack with the tools stored next to it.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #6
Air Force:
Well, the bottle one was in the cubby hole behind the drivers seat and it was secured with a bungie band/hook type thing (looked fairly OEM, like it was suppose to be there). The cubby hole behind the passenger seat had the scissor jack and tire tool pouch just thrown in there. There is a bungie band/hook thing in there as well, but nothing was installed/secured with it.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:02 PM   #7
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
as long as they dont rattle around make sure they work and lubed and keep them both.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:05 PM   #8
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBIETACO View Post
as long as they dont rattle around make sure they work and lubed and keep them both.
x2
two jacks are better than no jack
Old 09-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #9
Air Force:
Yeah, it just seemed kind of odd having a mounting point in the left hole with a bottle jack in it, and a mounting point in the right hole with a scissor jack next to it. It's also weird that medic2230 said his came new with a scissor jack, but if I go on ebay and search for 1st gen tacoma jack, they're all bottle. Oh, and I forgot to mention, I have two lug wrenches as well, one with a curved tip and one with a flat tip.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:12 PM   #10
00yotasr5 is on a distinguished road

Name: lee
00yotasr5's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 00 sr5 4x4 and it came with 1x bottle jack on driver and misc. tools on the passenger. The only tools I use from that tool pouch is the spare tire wrench since I have aftermarket lug nuts.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:29 PM   #11
n0ms is on a distinguished road
Name: Angel
n0ms's Tacoma Gallery
Mine also came with the worthless bottle jack.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:23 PM   #12
Riding a 97 Taco
97TacoNM is on a distinguished road

Name: Jim
97TacoNM's Tacoma Gallery
Prior owner added the scissor jack as he/she probably did not love the bottle jack.