1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Power Steering Pump Reservoir

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by apple254, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Sep 15, 2014 at 9:08 PM
    apple254

apple254 [OP] Member

Member:
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    1995 Tacoma
    Hello,
    I have a 1995 Tacoma 2.7L Manual 4x4.

Does anyone know where I could buy a power steering pump reservoir? I went to clean the filter screen inside the reservoir when i noticed that the screen was torn in a couple places around the edges.

Do you think it would be ok if i just ad an inline filter? I'm replacing the rack and pinion tomorrow and don’t want to take a chance of having it ruined in a couple months because of the filter screen being ripped.

Appreciate your time and advice.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  2. Sep 16, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    tan4x4

tan4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma EC 4x4 2.7L Auto
    Bilsteins, OME 881's, 3-leaf AAL, Detroit TruTrac, Tundra brake swap, Michelin LTX AT2, Tranny skidplate, TC skidplate, CBI rear bumper, TG sliders, UltraGauge, PowerTank, Reverse Camera
    The online stores only seem to sell the pump body. Wrecking yard might be your best bet, but you'll likely have to buy the pump body as well.

An in-line filter is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure what would be appropriate there. A fuel filter might be too restrictive. An in-line ATF filter would be perfect, if there is such a thing.

3. Sep 23, 2014 at 7:14 PM
    arigoni24

arigoni24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Holloway Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma Extracab SR5 4x4
    Grey wire mod, 3 inch level/lift kit from Truxx, 3 inch body lift, 285-70-17 (33's) on pro comp xtremes, custom rear tube bumper, cold air intake by Spectra, corner turn signal mod/ fog light where old turn signals were, hid headlights by vvme, smoke headlights and taillights by spyder, flow master muffler, tinted windows, red led turn signals and brake lights, brushguard and taillight guards yet to put on, MORE TO COME: relocate rear diff breather, black front bumper filler, shackles on front end, IF ANYONE HAS ANYMORE IDEAS PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
    I have one with the reservoir if the price is right. I know I bought a remanufactured pump without the reservoir and it was around $90 Make an offer and my number is 740-296-1125 I'm tyler

Products Discussed in

To Top