Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Got some new shoes for the taco :)

Old 09-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
NOLA ItsNotOva has much to be proud ofNOLA ItsNotOva has much to be proud ofNOLA ItsNotOva has much to be proud ofNOLA ItsNotOva has much to be proud ofNOLA ItsNotOva has much to be proud ofNOLA ItsNotOva has much to be proud ofNOLA ItsNotOva has much to be proud ofNOLA ItsNotOva has much to be proud of

Name: Brandon
NOLA ItsNotOva's Tacoma Gallery
Got some new shoes for the taco :)

My dad was getting tires for his Camry at a Goodyear place relatively close to where I work. He got a sweet deal from one of the guys there so he asked him about tires for my truck. I was in desperate need of tires but couldn't afford to buy them out-right. So I went there and applied for a credit card with them and they gave me a $140 rebate (through a debit card) and no interest for a year. Tires were normally $203.78 and got $38 off each tire plus another $20 off . Walked out the door with 4 new Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar for $896.27.

My truck feels like a completely new truck now and I couldn't be happier with them. Havent been able to test them in the rain yet. Love the aggressive look of them. Anyone had experience with these before? If so, how did you like them? (or dislike them?)

Here's the new ones and the worn out old Michelins (and one BFG lol)
Attached Thumbnails
Got some new shoes for the taco :)-2014-09-18-09.18.14.jpg   Got some new shoes for the taco :)-2014-09-18-09.18.10.jpg   Got some new shoes for the taco :)-2014-09-18-09.18.20.jpg   Got some new shoes for the taco :)-2014-09-18-09.18.22.jpg  
Old 09-18-2014, 07:53 PM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...re-review.html

Love them.

Been in torrential rain, dirt forest service roads (doing 25 mph), off road, etc.

Great tire.

And so friggen quiet and smooth on the pavement.

After a rebate I paid $130 per tire.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:59 PM   #3
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you replaced your tires. Those look like they were about done.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #4
NOLA ItsNotOva has much to be proud ofNOLA ItsNotOva has much to be proud ofNOLA ItsNotOva has much to be proud ofNOLA ItsNotOva has much to be proud ofNOLA ItsNotOva has much to be proud ofNOLA ItsNotOva has much to be proud ofNOLA ItsNotOva has much to be proud ofNOLA ItsNotOva has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppham444 View Post
Glad you replaced your tires. Those look like they were about done.
They were dry-rotted with VERY weak sidewalls. The one that I replaced with the used BFG had given out on me on the sidewall while I was at my grandfather's house. Glad it didnt do that while I was driving.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...re-review.html

Love them.

Been in torrential rain, dirt forest service roads (doing 25 mph), off road, etc.

Great tire.

And so friggen quiet and smooth on the pavement.

After a rebate I paid $130 per tire.
Damn, I wish I could have gotten them that cheap. Still, $160~ per tire for tires like that, can't beat it. And I very much agree on the quietness. I can't even hear road noise. Only time I hear anything is on the highway. And even then its only a VERY slight drone.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:35 PM   #6
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA ItsNotOva View Post
Damn, I wish I could have gotten them that cheap. Still, $160~ per tire for tires like that, can't beat it. And I very much agree on the quietness. I can't even hear road noise. Only time I hear anything is on the highway. And even then its only a VERY slight drone.
Sound deaden your door panels and rear wall and you'll feel like you're in a luxury sedan
Old 09-18-2014, 08:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Sound deaden your door panels and rear wall and you'll feel like you're in a luxury sedan
I was just thinking about that the other day haha. Where can I get some stuff like that?