Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

LIFT Question - Spacer related - 2 spacers ??

Old 04-21-2009, 06:13 AM   #1
AU4x4 is on a distinguished road
AU4x4's Tacoma Gallery
LIFT Question - Spacer related - 2 spacers ??

Have a tacoma with a 3" spacer on it. Was wondering if anyone out there has put two spacers on. Once spacer on top of coil and one in the coil using a spring comp. I need some more clearance without spending a lot on another suspension set-up. Please give me your thoughts on doing this and if anyone has this setup now. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:07 AM   #2
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forum.

Hold off on anymore lift until you can get a decent liftkit.

We like to see pics. Post up some when you get a chance.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
thenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud of

thenrie's Tacoma Gallery
Oooh! I'm thinking CV angles! For 6 inches you had better look at one of the better diff drop kits on the market that give you 5-6" drop and include all the hardware and replacement suspension parts. Then it will cost you for the fab work that needs to be done to cut out the crossmember and refit for the drop kit. Not a cheap option, but from what I'm finding out looking at a 2.5" lift, your CV joints will only take up to about 2.5" with out dropping the diff.