1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need advice on perminantly bypassing and removing LSP BY–PASS valve

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by keakar, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Oct 4, 2014 at 8:07 PM
    keakar

keakar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    karl
    louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2006 4runner sport 4.7L V8 (white)
    used to have - 99 2.4L I4 5 lug & 04 prerunner v6
    I didn't know what this strange contraption looking thing was at first and it took me two days to find out purely by accident when trying to find parts to replace the rubber boot ends that are split and torn but you cant buy one, you have to go to a junk yard for it! im sure i'll HAVE NO PROBLEM TO find a fresh brand new one at the junk yard! you can buy the valve itself for the price of your first born child or a house payment but I cant get a new arm or replacement boots for the arm from Toyota!

I want to do away with and perminantly disable or even replace the LOAD SENSING PROPORTIONING AND BY–PASS VALVE with something that's more reliable and safer then this crappy yota design that from everything I read about it it seams to only function (or malfunction) to always keep the rear brakes from ever working correctly.

I saw nothing listed in the DIY mod lists so im asking here for someone to tell me what I need to get and how to do it. I want this to be done right and done to be reliable and safe and not a shade tree job.

mine seams to be out of whack after I removed a lowering mod and im not interested in trying to readjust it as from what I can tell its not worth the effort because they never work right even when adjusted correctly so removal seams the safest and best way to fix it. having just got the truck im going over everything to be sure its working and fixing whats not and rear brakes don't seam to be doing anything but everything is on the list to be removed and checked as time permits but doing a brake job is pointless until this LSP BY–PASS valve is replaced with something of better design and function.

its a 1999 sr5 ext cab Tacoma 2wd 2.4L, everything looks clean and nice under there with no rust and keeping expenses down is important as im on fixed income

has anyone tried to replace the LSPV with an ABS brake tree from another toyota? something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-1989-t...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ed79e4000&vxp=mtr

wouldn't this thing do the same job without the mechanical arm that needs adjustment? just seams that's all most trucks use and its preset so no manual setting or adjusting is needed. I would prefer to buy one of these new then another one of those crazy contraption we have on our trucks

thanks for your help

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Oct 5, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    slander

slander Honorary Crawl Boi

Member:
    Hickory, NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma, fixed with curse words.
    You can either cut the "arm" off that goes to axle leaving about 8"s and zip tie it up, or make new hardlines and remove the lspv completely. If you do the 2nd option you would have to get a manual prop valve and I think Dave's off road sells a kit, I know they for sure sell the prop valve for a good price.

Products Discussed in

To Top