Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

99 Front end interchangeability

Old 10-18-2014, 09:47 AM   #1
Darryle is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarryle is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarryle is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarryle is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarryle is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarryle is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarryle is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarryle is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarryle is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarryle is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarryle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darryle
Darryle's Tacoma Gallery
99 Front end interchangeability

Is the 99 Tacoma front end interchangeable with the 4Runner?

Some cretin backed into my daughter's 99 and smashed the headlight, grille, hood, fender and bumper.

I don't want to file a claim because I am afraid they will try to total it. If I can find the parts reasonable enough, I will just fix it myself. I am having trouble finding parts, but 2 different yards said they had complete 4Runner front ends. Looking online, it looks like a no go.

Thanks
Old 10-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #2
keakar is on a distinguished road
keakar's Tacoma Gallery
if they total it you can buy it back from them at scrap value then use the money from the claim to fix it, your paying for that coverage so use it.

after that just get minimum coverage on it since you already reached the point you rather keep it then total it.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #3
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
Yes the parts will work. But you will have to swap the entire front end basically (hood, grill, lights, fenders, maybe bumper.) If u do it, post up pics. I've seen a 4runner with 01-04 taco front end and it was sweet. I always wanted to see a taco with the 4runner front end. Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
if they total it you can buy it back from them at scrap value then use the money from the claim to fix it, your paying for that coverage so use it.

after that just get minimum coverage on it since you already reached the point you rather keep it then total it.
X2
Old 10-19-2014, 09:24 AM   #4
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I swapped from a 1999 to 1997 front end without too many issues. A 4-runner front end will be more complicated because I don't believe any of the 1999 parts are going to line up with a 4 runner layout.

It's possible, but perhaps not plausible.