Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

need part number help

Old 10-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #1
keakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shed
keakar's Tacoma Gallery
need part number help

does anyone know the part number for those little bumper stops for the gas door?

I look at the parts places but they only list the main parts and you kinda have to know what you need to find it

I have a 1999 2wd if that matters

thanks
Old 10-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #2
keakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeakar is one of the sharper tools in the shed
keakar's Tacoma Gallery
c'mon guys, my dealer is an hour drive away and im sure they will tell me they need to order em and make come back a second time.

im hoping to find it online and have it shipped to me

if I cant get the right part, the only thing I can think of is a screw put in from back side and then secure it with a nut, then slip a vacuum hose over the screw shank and cut it to size. that's not what I want to do but its definitely a backup option.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:26 PM   #3
Compulsive tinkerer
MrRiverMan is a glorious beacon of lightMrRiverMan is a glorious beacon of lightMrRiverMan is a glorious beacon of lightMrRiverMan is a glorious beacon of lightMrRiverMan is a glorious beacon of light

MrRiverMan's Tacoma Gallery
try 90541-06018.

http://www.toyotapartszone.com/oem/90541-06018.html
Old 10-18-2014, 10:14 PM   #4
toendanger is just really nicetoendanger is just really nicetoendanger is just really nicetoendanger is just really nicetoendanger is just really nice
Name: Harlan
toendanger's Tacoma Gallery
I just used a little square piece of flat rubber and glued it on the flat piece right in front of the piece that holds those rubber pieces. Like close to where the finger hole is. Worked for me and is still on there.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:09 AM   #5
keakar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRiverMan View Post

thanks, I added that to my links. not easy to find a parts list that is easy to search for stuff like this. most places just handle maint type parts and not things like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toendanger View Post
I just used a little square piece of flat rubber and glued it on the flat piece right in front of the piece that holds those rubber pieces. Like close to where the finger hole is. Worked for me and is still on there.
thanks, i'll keep that in mind. I was thinking they were longer (on my brothers '89 they sit deeper in and are 1" long) but looking at it in the daytime I can see they don't stick out very much at all.

my screw idea wont fit in that tight gap but I guess I can use a tie strap and run it through the holes and then through a vacuum hose laying flat would fit about the right thickness to work