1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What could cause this scratch/scuff on hood?(SOLVED)

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by NightProwler, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Oct 22, 2014 at 12:48 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    That's crazy. That sky is pretty ominous looking too, really beautiful. Hope you stayed safe.

2. Oct 23, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    Crew Dawg Dave

Crew Dawg Dave Member

Member:
    Sacramento Area
    Vehicle:
    03 Double Cab PreRunner TRD
    FS2500 By-pass oil filtration system.
    .. uuuuhhhhh.... Road.... That looks like an irrigation canal :eek:

Gotta love how the "road" is below grade! Someone thought that through!

3. Oct 23, 2014 at 3:12 PM
    NightProwler

NightProwler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harlan
    Maricopa, Az
    Vehicle:
    '01 Prerunner, '03 cbr600rr, '09 R1, '03 cbr954rr
    Well I didn't mention that this is a creek made into a dirt road. And when my bro first moved out here there was hardly anything here. still hardly anything. Few more people moved out here but it's pretty much in a little valley in the desert 15 miles out from town. And the road is only maintained occasionally by graders, and to a point. It's cut off at the county line I think, which is where our house is. So from a few houses down, it's just nasty and it's actually a creek/wash all the way down. the whole thing is pretty much this creek but they made it into a 'road' and they probly won't ever pave it. Kinda shitty sometimes having to drive down the rutted road every day, because a few days after they grade it it's crappy again because there's a lot of sand too so it makes those little bumpy 'waves' and shit and I'm vibrating all the way down. lol. But it can be fun at times too. whenever it floods I go driving down the road for fun to check it out, and to show off to the neighbors:D Also see if anyone needs pulled out. But I gotta be careful too as I don't have 4x4, got stuck last time in a muddy sand pit on another back road trying to get to my bro who needed rescued. Ha. Anyways, I still love it out here. Really quiet and there's trails close to home. Can go shooting or offroading, there's even some mud flats close by. We even got to hunt down border runners too. Got involved (my bro mostly) with the sherrifs and kept watch because they travel through this desert. Even had 'coyotes' camped out on the mountain directly behind us. But it's been quiet for some time now after he scared them all off.
    Anyways, just wanted to share that. Lol. I should create a new thread regarding these kind of 'back roads' areas where people live and how they like it:)

Products Discussed in

To Top