Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Growling Noise Coming From Right Front

Old 04-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
tjohn03 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
tjohn03's Tacoma Gallery
Growling Noise Coming From Right Front

I've developed a growling or what you might say is a low howl. I've had a couple of ppl mess with but nothing certain as of now. I'm shying away from the idea of a wheel bearing because its not a grinding noise. It increases a little with speed but pretty much maintains a steady loudness. If your driving and take a right turn it goes away until you get about a 1/4 turn away from straightening up then it will come back. Thats puts me guessing that it is gonna be in the right side since it quits when you turn and take the load off of that side. I don't have aggressive tires and it is alligned perfectly, it just freaking growls!! Any help would be a huge help. By the way its a 2003 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Thanks,
John T.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
See this.. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...g-noise-4.html
Old 07-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
biggdog747 is on a distinguished road
biggdog747's Tacoma Gallery
most toyotas dont grind when the wheel bearing is bad. most of them howl and i would say that its the right front because the noise goes away when you unload it and most times gets louder when you load it. put a right front wheel bearing in.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #4
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggdog747 View Post
most toyotas dont grind when the wheel bearing is bad. most of them howl and i would say that its the right front because the noise goes away when you unload it and most times gets louder when you load it. put a right front wheel bearing in.
x2