1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No fuel to engine

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by maximilian55, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Nov 1, 2014 at 10:15 PM
    maximilian55

maximilian55 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    washington
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Tacoma 3.4l
    My truck wont start, it turns over just fine but theres no fuel getting to it. Recently my front left lower ball joint went out, and the tire got tucked in to the wheel well, the only damage i saw at first was a ripped out CV and the floorboard by the gas pedal was pushed up. Right after I got it off the tow truck, it started up just fine. A week later I tried to start it and nothing.

I looked around to find any damage, and i found what looks like a metal rod coming out of the bottom of the gas tank (at the very front) was ripped out of a hole. It still went up through the hole, however it looked like there was a metal/plastic ring that went around the metal rod and sat flush with the gas tank, had been ripped apart.
    The metal rod/tube goes from the gas tank down near the inner tie rod on the cross member (might not be the cross member, cant remember).

I would take pictures, however my phone recently broke.

Anyone know what the hell that thing is? and if its the reason my engines not getting fuel

2. Nov 2, 2014 at 4:38 PM
    JudoJohn

JudoJohn Well-Known Member

Member:
    St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD 5 speed
    not without some pics.

Products Discussed in

To Top