Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Leaning Tacoma

Old 04-24-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
HoofHearted
HARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: McLovin
HARDSHELLTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Leaning Tacoma

I have seached several forums for solutions to the taco lean and it seems to me that most involve a spacer on the front coil, or adjustable coilovers. My issue is on the driver side rear. I pulled my truck in my garage and measured from the floor to the bottom of all four fenders all were approx 39" except driver rear was 38". Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Your rear leaf spring may be de-arching causing you to have one side lower than the other.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #3
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Are you sure the apparent left-rear discrepancy isn't just the bed itself (e.g., warped; mounting is a bit 'off'), rather than the actual way the suspension 'sits'?
Old 04-24-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
HoofHearted
HARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How would you check for such a thing!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
get your facts straight
SafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to beholdSafetyDang is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dang
SafetyDang's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SafetyDang
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDSHELLTACO View Post
How would you check for such a thing!
measure the frame *shrugs*

Its called the Tacoma Lean we all have form of it.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:11 AM   #6
ViperR is on a distinguished road
ViperR's Tacoma Gallery
Since the fuel tank is on the drivers side and there is usually just the driver, for the most part, that spring is relaxing compared to the opposite spring because of the weight over the years. I have this lean on my 95.5 and 97. I fixed the problem on the 97 without any $$ by swapping the springs. Yet to do this on the 95.5. It has labor to it, but is the cheapest fix.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:16 AM   #7
HoofHearted

After further examination I have decided it's not as bad as I thought so i'm going to leave it be.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #8
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
my driver rear is about 1/4" lower, not that bad. But I was wondering, what size tires do you have?
Old 04-30-2009, 08:57 AM   #9
HoofHearted

285/70/17