1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ABS issues after replacing bearings.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by brs127s, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Nov 4, 2014 at 12:27 PM
    brs127s

brs127s [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Vehicle:
    04 D-Cab 4x4 Limited TRD
    TRD Headers, Aero Turbine AT2525XL Deckplate Mod, TRD tranny cooler, King Coilovers, LR UCAs, Alcan 5 Leaf springs and Bilstein 5100s, Shrockworks front bumper, CBI rear bumper.
    Hey guys, I just replaced my rear axle seals and the bearings. I ordered all my parts through my local dealer, tore it all down, had my local dealership do the press work, and put my truck back together. Everything looked perfect. I had no warning lights and took the truck for a test drive. Now, the ABS is kicking in just before the truck comes to a complete stop. I have to get it above 15 MPH, then brake hard, but nothing that would warrant the ABS kicking in. I had my local O'Reilly's read the ABS system and got the dreaded C0210 (right rear ABS sensor) code. I have taking things apart and cleaned everything multiple times and am still getting the same results. I checked continuity of the harnes between the end that goes on the sensor and the plug under the bed, behind the gas tank. The harness checks out okay. The tone ring is solid on the axle and looks to be in the correct position. I am not sure what else to do.

The only thing different is the o-rings that are around the sensor. The one on the right sensor was not in the best shape. I had to order 2 new ones. Could the old o-ring be damaged enought to prevent the sensor from sitting in the correct position and causing the issue? I am going to put on the new o-rings tonight. The only other thing is to have toyota hook up to the sensor and check it. Any ideas other than that?

2. Nov 4, 2014 at 4:21 PM
    keakar

keakar Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    karl
    louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2006 4runner sport 4.7L V8 (white)
    used to have - 99 2.4L I4 5 lug & 04 prerunner v6
    sounds like you have the correct plan, replace the o-ring and if its still not working right then let the dealer sort it out.

are you sure you didn't leave any air in the system? try bleeding the system again, I heard the Load Sensing Valve thing is bad for trapping air and being hard to bleed

3. Nov 4, 2014 at 10:07 PM
    brs127s

brs127s [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Vehicle:
    04 D-Cab 4x4 Limited TRD
    TRD Headers, Aero Turbine AT2525XL Deckplate Mod, TRD tranny cooler, King Coilovers, LR UCAs, Alcan 5 Leaf springs and Bilstein 5100s, Shrockworks front bumper, CBI rear bumper.
    Update: It was the o-rings. I put the new ones on and test drove the Tacoma. The ABS never kicked on when coming to a complete stop.we drove it quite a bit so I am confident it was the o-rings. I then took it up to O'Rileys and had them check the abs codes. The codes cleared out on their own. to answer your question, we bled the system entirely several times. I know it had no air in it.

Products Discussed in

To Top