Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st gen or 2nd gen?

View Poll Results: 1st generation tacoma or 2nd generation tacoma?
95-04 Tacoma 947 59.48%
05-09 Tacoma 645 40.52%
Voters: 1592. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #41
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
I looked at the 1st gens before I got my 08. I love the size of the 1st gens but the smoothness and power of the 08 is great.

I'd say its a tossup.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #42
Black N Gold is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Black N Gold's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen, because I own one. But 2nd gens are sexy.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #43
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
I liked my 99 better than my 08
Old 04-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #44
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
i tied it!
Old 04-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #45
Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in
Buzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud of

Buzzoff's Tacoma Gallery
I sold my 2003 Xtrcab Prerunner with 162,000 miles for my 2009 TRD DC. When I sold my 2003 it ran as good as the day I drove it off the showroom floor!!!!!!!!!!! Never had ONE single issue with it!!!!

I love the way my 2009 looks, but the drive and response is nowhere close to my 2003!!!

I voted 1st Gen!!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #46
robo-ninja
edwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to all

edwinalink's Tacoma Gallery
i just test drove a TRD first gen DC.

holy shit that thing is tiny, and why the hell is the CD player on the floor!!!!

still, a fine choice for someone else.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:08 PM   #47
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
size and style - 1st gen

power and comfort - 2nd gen

the latter is far more important than anything which sways my vote for 2nd gen
Old 04-29-2009, 03:52 PM   #48
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinalink View Post
i just test drove a TRD first gen DC.

holy shit that thing is tiny, and why the hell is the CD player on the floor!!!!

still, a fine choice for someone else.

on the floor?

mine is in my dash
Old 04-29-2009, 10:09 PM   #49
robo-ninja
edwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to all

edwinalink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
on the floor?

mine is in my dash
i need my climate controls BELOW my cd player, I'm gonna use the cd player a lot more than the AC!
Old 04-30-2009, 03:09 AM   #50
dustinuhls is on a distinguished road

dustinuhls's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, I never liked the original 1st gen Tacoma's ('95 1/2-'00). That's why I kept my original Toyota Pickup ('92) for so long. When the '01s came out, I loved the new body styling and wanted one right away. I bought my '01 DoubleCab 4 years ago and love it. I do really like the 2nd gen Tacoma's (when they're built right) and want to get one someday, at least just for the extra room and power. My neighbor down the street has a beautiful one that's lifted with rims/tire, etc. and looks really nice. I need to get him to join this sight!
I'll still never get rid of my '01 though, I love it!
Old 04-30-2009, 04:32 AM   #51
Allow myself to introduce myself...
Whataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Whataboutbob's Tacoma Gallery
Had my '98 for 2 years till Toyota bought it back because of rusted frame(thank you Toyota).I loved it, plus it was payed off.But the 2nd gen. I love even more. It's kinda like picking your favorite child.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #52
tacoma-king has a spectacular aura abouttacoma-king has a spectacular aura about

tacoma-king's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly5465 View Post
I've only had my 1st Gen for a couple months now. I was specifically looking to buy a clean 1st gen Tacoma, it took me a while to find the right one. I like the smaller size of the 1st Gen and the styling better. Seems like none of the manufacturers make a compact truck anymore (except Ranger) they have all gotten bigger, more of a mid size. Like I said, I like the smaller size. I rarely carry more than 2 people, so interior size was not that important.

Fly5465 - Az
x2 I too like the smaller size of the first gen.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #53
Addicted Mod'r
ToyoComp is on a distinguished road

ToyoComp's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Generation - IMO...Better Power, adults can actually fit in the double cab back seat, better looking front end, and excellent aftermarket support. However, if I had to drive anything else it would definitely be a 1st Generation. Kind of like splitting hairs.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #54
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen. perfect size, the 2nd gen is too damn big.
the 01-04 double cab, however, isnt as good looking as the 05-09 double cab. access cab is the best.
I like the 95.5-97 front end the best, but they have pickup leaf springs, not taco ones so overall not the best.
plus, i really dont like automatic (not hating on the autos, just cant stand driving them), and the 2nd gen is much more common in auto (in my experience).
Old 05-09-2009, 03:46 PM   #55
Hops is on a distinguished road

Name: Gabe
Hops's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had both, a '99 TRD 4x4 and now i have an 08 4x4 sr5. Its really a tough call... I guess i would have to go with the 2nd gen. There both really good though!
Old 05-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #56
life11 is on a distinguished road

life11's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen!!!!

Old 05-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #57
ryber will become famous soon enoughryber will become famous soon enough

Name: Ryan
ryber's Tacoma Gallery
I love the 1st gens and wanted one.. Just could'nt find the one that I wanted when I was looking. So bought a 06 and it has grown on me huge ..I love it now!!!
Bitch is the toyota dealer is selling an 01 in mint shape right down the street from me now, thought about trading for it.. but as everyone says your truck grows on you.
So my vote is 2nd gen, just cause I have one!!
Old 05-18-2009, 06:09 PM   #58
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
The TRUE First Gens "95.5-00".

All others are simply posers.
Pfffffffffffffffffffffft whatever Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmackAttack View Post
Same here... 1st truck and i love it.. making me change way i think about cars...
Same here man. Before I bought my truck, I was looking for a WRX. After buying my truck, cars like WRX/STI's and Evo's dont even turn my head anymore haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinalink View Post
i need my climate controls BELOW my cd player, I'm gonna use the cd player a lot more than the AC!
For me, the placement it perfect. My truck has a manual transmission, so if I need to change the radio station my arm is in the same position basically as when I shift.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:30 AM   #60
BAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to behold

BAT24's Tacoma Gallery
I loved my 96 I really liked the looks and it was bullitt proof I put 327,899 miles on it prior to Toyota buying it back. That being said I would not trade my 08 Double Cab Rugged Trail for my 96. I guess if I could have my 96 back to just wheel in that would be fine but all around the 08 is light years ahead of the old truck.