Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Solution to wheel spacers!!

Old 04-25-2009, 04:45 AM   #1
Slick8810 has a spectacular aura aboutSlick8810 has a spectacular aura about
Slick8810's Tacoma Gallery
Solution to wheel spacers!!

Just figured i would post if anyone needs to know. On my 01 the wheels wouldnt clear the calipers so all we did is get 12 regular screw washers and put them over each lug and it clears just fine. there just regular size like maybe 1/16 thick i would say. it would save someone money on adapters.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:13 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thast a bad idea. Useing washers greatly reduces the mounting surface area, and can lead to the wheels shifting when brakeing. This can lead to the studs breaking off, and this:
Old 04-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Thast a bad idea. Useing washers greatly reduces the mounting surface area, and can lead to the wheels shifting when brakeing. This can lead to the studs breaking off, and this:
Yeah...That's kinda what I was thinking. I would be worried about insufficient threads to grab well and the extra pressures could make the lug nuts back off...but the decreased surface area thing makes sense too...
Old 04-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
Head of the MASTERS CIRCLE
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

mar_ga_rita's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick8810 View Post
Just figured i would post if anyone needs to know. On my 01 the wheels wouldnt clear the calipers so all we did is get 12 regular screw washers and put them over each lug and it clears just fine. there just regular size like maybe 1/16 thick i would say. it would save someone money on adapters.
nothing personal.... but are you mexican.... cause I think thats how they would do it across the border.... if I were you I would just get wheel spacers... or rims with a different offset washers = unsafe
Old 04-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #7
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

I am not trying to offend anyone but that was just my 2 sense for what its worth.... just seems like it would be a recipe for disaster
Old 04-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #9
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
washers? o boy

If its that minimal, you can grind down the caliper to get wheels to fit also
Old 04-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #10
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, NO. Bad Idea
Old 04-25-2009, 06:26 PM   #11
its been like that for a couple years now and havent had any problems. and no im not mexican. thats f***** up man. lol just trying to help everyone out.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:27 PM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
its been like that for a couple years now and havent had any problems. and no im not mexican. thats f***** up man. lol just trying to help everyone out.
Your lucky so far. It wont last like that.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #13
its already wide, wont wheel spacers make it look really really wide. i want to just get new wheels but dont want to spend the money.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Recipe for disaster- Yes....reason for a racial comment...NO.
my family is full of mexicans... honest.... and they do shit like that all the time... and they call it mexi-rigging it.... lol
Old 04-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #15

Quote:
its already wide, wont wheel spacers make it look really really wide. i want to just get new wheels but dont want to spend the money.
why dont you just buy new rims.... and sell the old ones to make up for some of the cash...