Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Doing a little Maintenance

Old 04-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #1
Head of the MASTERS CIRCLE
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

mar_ga_rita's Tacoma Gallery
Doing a little Maintenance

Alright.... going to do my first oil change..... got 5w-30 synthetic and a fram filter.... and I am going to check the trans fluid.... grease everything I can see.... clean the inside and wash the outside.... prob drain the brake fluid resvior and ps resvior..... anything else I should do... truck has almost 80k on her
Old 04-25-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a lot of work! hope all goes well and you end up soon...
Old 04-25-2009, 08:47 AM   #3
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
Sounds like a lot of work! hope all goes well and you end up soon...
I got this... going to have the hornets game on the radio... and will be done in time to watch the draft!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 08:48 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
seafoam the motor, change the fuel filter....spark plugs if you havent done them, and the rear diff(and transfer case/front diff if you are 4x4).
Old 04-25-2009, 08:55 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nevermind. Didnt see it was a first gen.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Im about to do my rear/front diffs, and Trans. case. Switchin to Mobil 1 synthetic.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
seafoam the motor, change the fuel filter....spark plugs if you havent done them, and the rear diff(and transfer case/front diff if you are 4x4).
I am going to change the plugs this summer... along with the trans filter and rear end fluid... and I cleaned out the intake with some carb cleaner.... lot of smoke when I sprayed it in...
Old 04-25-2009, 01:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Has the timing belt & water pump been changed?

Flush & fill the radiator
Flush & fill the steering fluid
I havent changed the tbelt water pump but when I get closer to 90k I am going to change it... and the radiator and ps and brake I did today..
Old 04-25-2009, 03:58 PM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar_ga_rita View Post
I havent changed the tbelt water pump but when I get closer to 90k I am going to change it... and the radiator and ps and brake I did today..
Double check your owners manual. For my 96 tacoma I owned, the timing belt was recommended to be changed at 60K miles.

At 75K miles - my radiator fluid kept loosing fluid. At 85K miles, I finally realized my water pump was leaking. I had the 3.4L also.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Double check your owners manual. For my 96 tacoma I owned, the timing belt was recommended to be changed at 60K miles.

At 75K miles - my radiator fluid kept loosing fluid. At 85K miles, I finally realized my water pump was leaking. I had the 3.4L also.
yea the book has it at 90k
http://smg.toyotapartsandservice.com...2003&int_id=64