Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

what sensor is these please

Old 04-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
nayber is on a distinguished road
nayber's Tacoma Gallery
what sensor is these please

i thought it was a coolent temp sensor but its a two wire there is only one its a single yellow wire with red stripe that comes out of the hard black plastic wire houseing and clips to a sensor on the back of motor next to a little hose, here is a link to a pic of the sensor thanks for any help casue i cant find it in the book http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...tos/sensor.jpg
Old 04-25-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Can you take a pic showing more of the engine so I can figure out where exactly it is?
Old 04-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
nayber's Tacoma Gallery
ya here is another but you cant see it from this angle if you look at the left side (red arrow) if you where to follow that harness behind the motor where it turns goes into the hard plastic cover is where it is when i took the old sensor out there was coolant in the hole but i droped old senor and cant find it now go figure
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...os/sensor2.jpg
here is the wire which of course is broke
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...hotos/wire.jpg
the sensor is right next to where this hose connects on motor
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...os/sensor3.jpg
Old 04-25-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
does it mount to the block. and if its got coolant in it. then im thinking the temp sensor for the coolant.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Looks like it is the vaccume switching valve (VSV) for the EGR ......
Old 04-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #6

Here is a blow up of the sensors:
http://ncttora.com/FSM/2000/Repair%2...ine/parloc.pdf
Old 04-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
nayber's Tacoma Gallery
yes look at new pics the book shows the temp sensor having two wires there is only one coming out of that loom so either i have a wire missing then or its some thing else damn truck thanks
Old 04-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #8

hmmm....maybe the EGR sensor?????
Old 04-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #9
nayber's Tacoma Gallery
after lookin at that diagram looks like it could be the EGR Gas Temp. Sensor but i dont even know what that is so
Old 04-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #10

Is your CEL on, or do you have any stored codes?
Old 04-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #11
nayber's Tacoma Gallery
the truck is a work in progress it was not runing when i got it turned out the timming was 180 off i re did timeing and the check engine light when off however it ran for a few mins then died i think the fuel pump was shorting out. but i think that is the sensor i need (erg) what would happen if it was not hooked up ? thanks
Old 04-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayber View Post
the truck is a work in progress it was not runing when i got it turned out the timming was 180 off i re did timeing and the check engine light when off however it ran for a few mins then died i think the fuel pump was shorting out. but i think that is the sensor i need (erg) what would happen if it was not hooked up ? thanks
Im thinking it will run rough. If its the EGR, then that sensor is needed to calculate propper Air/fuel ratio on that engine..
Old 04-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #13
nayber's Tacoma Gallery
well i looked up the sensor and its got two wires on it two what the hell well at least the pic i looked at im lost, on that dighram you posted is there a differeance between 2x4 and 4x4 mine is a 4x4
Old 04-25-2009, 03:23 PM   #14
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
On a 5VZ V6 - if it's got one wire only, and that wire is yellow with a red stripe, it's your water temperature sensor / sender.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnolaGaia View Post
On a 5VZ V6 - if it's got one wire only, and that wire is yellow with a red stripe, it's your water temperature sensor / sender.
This is what I thought, But the water temp sensor is at the Front of the engine......this one he is dealing with is at the rear....
Old 04-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #16
nayber's Tacoma Gallery
see thats what i thought to but this one is in the rear and lookin at the sensor diagrams it looks like it could be the erg temp sensor but i dont know for sure as i dont have one there to compare to new ones