1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

mildew smell

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by mar_ga_rita, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Aug 7, 2010 at 2:34 PM
    MadTaco461

MadTaco461 BRO runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CA
    Vehicle:
    99 turbo 5 lug long travel
    Kinda stock
    So did it work well? I got that smell in my truck... combo of dirt and mold only on recy

2. Aug 7, 2010 at 3:48 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    mine had a wet dog smell and I cleaned out as much of the ducts as I could - smell is gone. Just drop the glovebox (empty out contents and push the two sides together, the box should be freed up from the notches easily enough) and there is a section of duct behind there that you can pop out. Once that's out take a swiffer duster to the inside of the duct work. I found rocks, dog hair, dust all sorts of crap in there. Also a good idea to turn AC off but leave the fan running on fresh air for a few minutes before turning the truck off, helps dry the system out and prevents the mildew smell.

Products Discussed in

To Top