Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

mildew smell

Old 04-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
Head of the MASTERS CIRCLE
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

mar_ga_rita's Tacoma Gallery
mildew smell

alright just drove the truck around and notice there is a slight mildew smell.... is there a cabin air filter on the 1st gen... also I felt around to see if maybe the a/c was leaking in.... and nothing in the interior.... any thoughts???
Old 04-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar_ga_rita View Post
alright just drove the truck around and notice there is a slight mildew smell.... is there a cabin air filter on the 1st gen... also I felt around to see if maybe the a/c was leaking in.... and nothing in the interior.... any thoughts???
no cabin filter in the first gens......maybe one of the drain holes is plugged up, or you may need an a/c refresher. spray some febreeze in where the air comes in and see what happens.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
no cabin filter in the first gens......maybe one of the drain holes is plugged up, or you may need an a/c refresher. spray some febreeze in where the air comes in and see what happens.
kk now where am I spraying the febreeze
Old 04-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
kk now where am I spraying the febreeze
lemme go look at my truck here shortly.......i'll figure where the best place to spray is. you need to make sure none of the drain lines are stopped up though, that will definitely cause a mildew smell.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
lemme go look at my truck here shortly.......i'll figure where the best place to spray is. you need to make sure none of the drain lines are stopped up though, that will definitely cause a mildew smell.
I went behind the dash.... and I checked any lines.... and nothing looked blocked... I even shot air in the a/c drain hole to make sure that it was totally free... also I always drive with my recir on...
Old 04-25-2009, 02:28 PM   #6

I went into the truck and I sprayed some febreeze on some cotton and put it in a cup in the cup holder.... would love to take apart the ducts behind the dash and try to clean them.... or in the bottom of the evap core... I wonder if I put a mildew tablet in there like you would in your home ac drip pan it would work...
Old 05-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #7

Alright... so I have been doing alot of studying for finals this week so the truck sat all day Sunday... and when I got in the truck yesterday afternoon.. It had a mildew smell... not real bad just a little... not sure why the heck it is doing this... any other ideas...
Old 05-05-2009, 09:20 AM   #8
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
the sell some spray at autozone that you spray in the vents and the fresh air intake under the windhshield its a little strong for like a day but it works its a white can with green lettering cant think of the name
Old 05-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #9
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
tried to find the name couldnt, but itll be in the a/c section has a red spray top with a straw
Old 05-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
tried to find the name couldnt, but itll be in the a/c section has a red spray top with a straw
lol... aight.. I take it you have had the same issue
Old 05-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #11
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
in my integra, my 08 better not have this prob for a while
Old 05-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #12
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Use this stuff: Frigi-Fresh or Frigi-Clean, good stuff. AFAIK, you can only get this stuff online.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Use this stuff: Frigi-Fresh or Frigi-Clean, good stuff. AFAIK, you can only get this stuff online.
lol... I am going to try this mystery stuff at autozone then try that frigi-fresh stuff...
Old 05-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #14
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
try this stuff sold by another members workplace.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...-discount.html

ABSORBALL ODor Eliminator
Old 05-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #15
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Spray Lysol disinfectant into the outside air intake that this under the plastic piece at the base of the windshield. There should be slit holes where you can spray it in. Moisture sitting in the airbox over time can create mold, that is what your problem is. It's no big deal, happens to all vehicles.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #16
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
are you smelling it with windows up, or down? my '06 has recently started smelling of slight mildew...tacked it down to the window channel. don't notice it unless i put my driver's window down, and then only sometimes (getting the mail) i rarely put my windows all the way down and i think that is the problem. i have been letting it sit with the windows all the way down on nice days to let the channels dry out and it seems to be helping.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBS View Post
are you smelling it with windows up, or down? my '06 has recently started smelling of slight mildew...tacked it down to the window channel. don't notice it unless i put my driver's window down, and then only sometimes (getting the mail) i rarely put my windows all the way down and i think that is the problem. i have been letting it sit with the windows all the way down on nice days to let the channels dry out and it seems to be helping.
it is with the windows up... when I first get in... usually after it sits for a day or two... and there is a hint of the smell before I even start the truck.. I checked all the carpet and nothing... has to be in the ac.. driving me crazy
Old 05-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #18
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it is with the windows up... when I first get in... usually after it sits for a day or two... and there is a hint of the smell before I even start the truck.. I checked all the carpet and nothing... has to be in the ac.. driving me crazy
Dude, read my message/fix above, it works! The smell is more prevalent if you constantly run the A/C in the Recirculation Mode. I GUARANTEE the Lysol will fix it....fast...and cheaply.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
Dude, read my message/fix above, it works! The smell is more prevalent if you constantly run the A/C in the Recirculation Mode. I GUARANTEE the Lysol will fix it....fast...and cheaply.
Alright... I am going to try it tonight...
Old 05-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #20
Banned
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alright... I am going to try it tonight...
I GAURANTEE it. If it doesn't work, you can try to find me and kick my ass!